Cooling Fan

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rukuzz
10+ year member

Ok audio geniuses I got one for ya!

I bought a cooling fan for my amp today. I hooked it up to the amp by using the remote power and the amp ground. I got noise feedback to the speakers.

It seems I have a couple of options. One is that I could tap in directly into the amp power and ground and attach a switch to the fan to manually turn on & off (not an option that's appealing to me).

Secondly, I could look for a wire that supplys power when I turn the ignition switch. If you've seen the wiring on the tundra it's extremely thin & I don't wanna mess with that unless there's another option.

Thirdly, I would go into the fuse box and tap into it for power. This is what seems easiest and more appealing to me.

Does anyone know if there are any drawbacks or anything I could hurt by doing this? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

I think I'll try using a different ground and the amp remote power source. If that doesn't work then I'll tap into the fuse box. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.