considering upgrading f90bt to something else

Participant count
  • Participant list

rick1024

hi all

im a pioneer fan and have had 7 head units from the company. i have been happy for the most part with them. my current is the f90bt running x-series software. it has served me ok, but im a bit weary of it and its bad gps. i want a new unit and am considering the z140bh. i have been hearing some bad stuff about it though so i want to get opinions before i pull the trigger on anything. i wanted to get some more info on the unit as well.

i have an ipod i leave in the car connected to the head unit. i keep seeing all this iphone stuff, which i also have but everything i have seen or heard shows the iphone connected to the ipod cable. my question is, does the iphone have to be connected via the ipod cable in order for the apps on the head unit to work? because i would prefer to leave my iphone connected via bluetooth and the ipod connected via cable

how is the gps? user interface? boot time? reaction time to inputs? on the f90bt it takes a while for it to load, takes forever for the gps to funciton and sometimes you press a control button on the screen and it takes a while for the unit to process.

i also have been looking at the new clarion nx702.

any input would be greatly appreciated.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.