Confused on box Specs:help:

Participant count
  • Participant list

MED

I am in the process of Building A New Ported box for my 2 Rockford Fosgate P312D4 Subs.

I was going by the Spec Sheet and putting it into the WinISD prgram so it will give me Volume and Size for the Box.

So I also checked the Rockford Fosgate website and they were telling me a totally Different Size and Volume.

What should I go by?

ok, rockford says 1.3ft^3 per sub tuned to 32hz. so with those specs you are up to 2.6cf, and after displacements you will be building a box over 3cf. so if you can spare the room and want somthing else i would say build your box so the subs will be seeing about 2cf each.

4cf for the subs plus displacements your looking at somthing over 5cf i would think. so just make sure you have enough room( also make sure the box will fit through the trunk opening, just because it will fit in the trunk doesnt mean it will get past the tunk opening, i made that mistake once). what kind of car do you have?

no problem, sorry but i have never worked on one of those so i really cant help much for the dimensions, the best way to start it is just go out and measure to see what you can fit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.