xxx sealed

j0sh_o6
10+ year member

PA
Right now I have a sealed box for my 12" XXX hooked to a jbl 1200.1 @ 1 ohm it’s about 1.2 cu ft

how I have it setup right now it sounds and hits pretty nice but I’m not satisfied for the fact that when playing lil wyte - hoods run down their intro bass test I fall off really hard on the last 2 tests I believe cant go test right now cause car is all torn apart.

The box is all 3/4" MDF, 15 High x 22.75 Wide x 9.75 Deep external dimensions. I posted on another thread that someone told me it could be cause my box is not deep enough and is to wide when I should of went deeper which I would rather of now anyways cause it leaves me no room to put stuff and if I would of went deep and not wide I would of been better off so I was wondering if I made a box with external dimensions 13 High x 13 Wide and how ever deep would this be better and does anyone have a good depth that I should make it?

Right now I'm in the phase I listen to rap but I also like listening to rock and some country here and there so I’m looking for a good sounding yet as loud as possible box thanks in advance

is there some program i can load the song into that will tell me what frequencies the tests play at? cause i dont know to be honest

If i am correct the 12 xxx has a mounting depth of 8", or at least that's what I've been told. Your box is 9.75" deep-(.75"x2)for wood which would equal 8.25". I am quite new to car audio but was told you should have at least 1.5" of space for cooling or something. I am not saying you are wrong but are you sure that 1/4 inch is enough room behind the sub?

Just my 2 cents

Kyle

bimma would you really need to subtract 1.5 from the 9.75? If the speaker was mounted from the outside you would not need to subtract the thickness of the top and bottom board. If I figure it right it looks like he would have 1 inch behind the magnet.

Yes, if starting with external dimensions (as we are here), then you need to subtract out the thickness of the wood to determine the internal dimensions of the box. Bimma is correct.

Squeak, help me out here I can see subtracting the thickness of the bottom board from the external dim, but if you are mounting the sub on the outside why the top board for figuring mounting depth. Now I agree with you in that if we are trying to find internal dims then we need to subtract top and bottom.

i think you're getting some type of cancelation somewhere b/c of which way the box is facing. with a sealed box, you should be able to get as low as possible.

i think you're getting some type of cancelation somewhere b/c of which way the box is facing. with a sealed box, you should be able to get as low as possible.
sealed enclosures can easily have poor looow end response.

ok i have 1 inch from hole to back wall took sub out and measured it yesterday. when a friend gets his 12 i think im going to sell him this box and build me another. i do not want to get into ported i dont have that much experence working with this type of wood. this time i think im going to make the box like 13 or 14 by 13 or 14 and then how ever deep i need to go

oh this is in a 92 honda accord 2 dr and i have it facing to the back when i turned it around and had it fireing forward it was not nearly as loud and didnt seam as clean this was with the rear seat backs down though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.