CompVR 12" vs Pioneer Subs

mr_f4ke
10+ year member

Cartagena
Hey i have a couple of questions. I had 2 10" subs pioneer 250rms and 500watts i don`t remember the reference, now i have two Kickers Cvr 12" (no installed yet) and i have too a kenwood amp 600watts max x4, but its bridged working with 2 channels 150 rms per channel, with that amp i have been work with the pioneer subs, my q is if with the same amp that i have been wotking with the pioneer subs and the same rms, the kickers will be louder than the pioneers? how much will be louder than the pioneer subs? the pioneer subs was installed in a sealed box, but the kickers will be installed in a ported box, 4.5cft 38hz. Plz help me guys, i want more thxspl than SQ

thx

can u ask ur qquestion again....i got way too confused reading ur post..
I sold 2 pioneer subs 10" 500watts and 250rms each one, now i have 2 kickers cvr 12" but they are not installed yet, i alway work with a small amp, 150rms x 2 kenwood, and i want to know if now with the new subs my system will be louder than my old system? working with the same amp. thaths my question. thx

Well the compVR's are nice subs, especially for the money, they are probably more like an SQL sub with more emphasis on SPL, they do really nicely in ported boxes, but I would def feed them more than 150watts rms a piece. Nevertheless it should still be louder than your old pioneers.

i sent a comp vr 12 130wts rms... it was a an older model...one or two series ago.. and i thought it was fine...pretty loud actually....and i've also had a few pioneer 12's so i know where you're coming from

I want to know how they hit. Im constructing the ported box for them, so i will take the kicker 1200.1 to work with the Cvrs, i want to shut up the system of my friend in my city, he has 2 audiobahn 12" 1200q serie. I know that audiobahn its too louder but the sq *****, but i want to know if with a good amp and a good box i can shut up him? thx for all guys, im from Colombia, i live in Cartagena city and its nice talk with ppl of another countries, suerte a todos! gracias. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif

I want to know how they hit. Im constructing the ported box for them, so i will take the kicker 1200.1 to work with the Cvrs, i want to shut up the system of my friend in my city, he has 2 audiobahn 12" 1200q serie. I know that audiobahn its too louder but the sq *****, but i want to know if with a good amp and a good box i can shut up him? thx for all guys, im from Colombia, i live in Cartagena city and its nice talk with ppl of another countries, suerte a todos! gracias. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/peace.gif.2db28b618ed8d1964ebbe2f5021d2c39.gif
wait, hold up. you're givin a pair of comp vr's 1200 watts?

With 150 watts per you would've been better off with somthing like a pair of memphis PR's.

I've put 600-700 watts on comp VR's before.Threw a JBL BP1200.1 on a pair in a ported box (forgot specs on it, I think it was 5cf. tuned to 35hz but I'm not positive), to replace his brahma 15.Last time I checked they were still going.....

I have two of the CVR 12s sitting here at the house. I wouldnt recomend giving them more than 450 - 500 RMS because the will start popping. And eventually me overpowering mine caused one of the tencil leads to break.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.