2.2v pre vs. 4v pre on HX2 12inch

Participant count
  • Participant list

ilmaoalot
10+ year member

PA
Hey guys, I recently upgraded my headunit to a pioneer deh--580mp, and the pre outs are at 4v compared to the 2.2v i used to have on my old one, some aiwa model. My sub is hitting a lot harder, and is playing louder!! I checked the gains, and everything appears to be set right, does a higher output just give better quality, or do i really have too much power going to my sub?

ok when u said you checked the gains did you reset them? higher preout voltage means you have to drop the gains to compensate , just like if you droped the preout voltage you would have to raise the gains to compensate

ya, my gains are turned down as low as they can go, and i set it like you are supposed to, but my sub is hitting generally harder is that bad?

higher pre out voltages do not make you system louder it benifits because the amps can put out the same ammount of power with the gain set lower than it was before but the amp puts out the same rated power at all the input voltages that it accepts.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.