Anyone experianced with a JL 12W0-4??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ruffy
10+ year member

Death to the salad eaters
Reason being is I have one and plan on using it for a short while to tide me over.

Now I bought a aura amp off of Parts express

It's the Aura RPM2300

says it does 150rms x 2 @ 4ohms

or 450RMS Bridged Mono @ 4ohms

My quesion is how should I run the JL Sub? The PDF states that it's only around 125W RMS! So 150ww and only run one channel? or bridge it to 450

Now I know I can overdrive it past that. I just never heard of a 12" Sub with such a low peak power. My brother used the sub before with a Rockford fostage amp. I believe it was the P8002 but I'm not sure.

Amp is here

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/pshowdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=269-162&CFID=592836&CFTOKEN=15775291

PDF on the Sub is here

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/10_12_15W0_MAN.pdf

According to the "chart" at the bottom, anything past 250watt is dangerous

side info

I tried running 100wrms off my Clarion APA450 amp. Sounded like ass but many factors could have caused this. Such as

1. I litterally cut the leads going to my rear 6x9's and jammed them into the speaker level inputs on the amp. It worked but not well

2. I dont know if the sealed enclosure that the sub is in was made to the spec of that woofer. It was "made" for my brother and his truck.

3. I used 1 channel of the 6x9's. So i had a sortof imbalance thing happening between the one that was still on and the sub.

4. Sub in the box were just laying on my backseat when I "tested" it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.