Components

Okay... I have a 2002 Honda Civic EX coupe. I listen to a lot of different things but mostly music with a lot of bass.. I have (2) JL audio 12W6 with a JL audio 500/1 Amp and its pretty loud so Im looking for something that I will be able to hear over them. I have no more than $200 per set. I have a profile AP1040.. 75watts by 4.

I'm looking to fill my factory holes with a set of 6 1/2" component set, but i would also like to have a kick panel pod made and have a set in them as well. About that pod would it be better to go with the 6 1/2'' or the 5 1/4'' set the the kick panels? I know that the 5 1/4'' would make the pod alittle less bulky but the 6 1/2" would be louder, right? I have 6"x 9" in the rear and I was just playing on upgrading them with a better set. The same brand of componets so everything matches.

I was thinking about JL audio TR series, Infinity kappa series, Or the Alpine SPr 17s. Im looking for something loud. So that not only can i hear the bass down the street but the music as well. Any suggestions would be great THank you

My advice is to scrap the idea of running two sets of components up front. Combine the money you would have spent on them and buy one really nice set for the front. One set of components with a properly matched amp is capable of getting very loud.

Another idea is to go with one set of components in the kicks and a set of midbasses for the doors.

I thought that getting the two sets would be better and would be able to get louder than just one because there would be more cone area, more speakers, and a louder sound.. I guess i'm a newbe....

Okay, so with that... For around $450-$500 (since i figured about 200 per set for the two) so what would the loudest component speaker set that i could get? And would i still be able to use that amp (Profile AP1040)? If not what amp would you suggest that would match well with it, that would be around $200 or so.

Thanks.

Your amp should be fine bridged (about 2x200-210w rms).

And with that kind of power, one set would get plenty loud and not to mention keep the soundstaging and imaging up front.

You have a fairly decent budget for speakers, so there's lots of options.

Rainbow Powerline CMX 265 Kick for around $330

Polk SR6500 for $500 (if you can find them in stock online)

Memphis MSQ6

Pioneer TS-C720PRS

Zapco CK-165

PPI 356cs

Focal K2P

Infinity Perfect 6.1

...to name just a few.

Okay, I don't like that harsh ear peircing sound that comes from the tweeters, I like to have it set so i hear it slighty but be able to turn it all the way up and still not have it bother me. So, knowing that, could you narrow down to like 2 or 3 possiblites.

thanks

Okay, I went looking online at the Pioneer TS-C720PRS and they seem good. I found them for $240. One question though is that they say that they are 50watts rms and my amp is 75watts rms so can i just turn the gain down and that will work, correct? Okay now since that they are only $240 for the pair, so with my left over cash would it be good to get another set or spend it on something else? If something else, what?

Thanks

They'll easily take 120-150w rms as long as it's clean (non distorted, non-clipped) power. Just set the gains for that and they'll sound awesome.

I auditioned them running off a Premier ICE 2 channel amp at 150w per channel. Sonic bliss!

Okay... I have a 2002 Honda Civic EX coupe. I listen to a lot of different things but mostly music with a lot of bass.. I have (2) JL audio 12W6 with a JL audio 500/1 Amp and its pretty loud so Im looking for something that I will be able to hear over them. I have no more than $200 per set. I have a profile AP1040.. 75watts by 4.
I'm looking to fill my factory holes with a set of 6 1/2" component set, but i would also like to have a kick panel pod made and have a set in them as well. About that pod would it be better to go with the 6 1/2'' or the 5 1/4'' set the the kick panels? I know that the 5 1/4'' would make the pod alittle less bulky but the 6 1/2" would be louder, right? I have 6"x 9" in the rear and I was just playing on upgrading them with a better set. The same brand of componets so everything matches.

I was thinking about JL audio TR series, Infinity kappa series, Or the Alpine SPr 17s. Im looking for something loud. So that not only can i hear the bass down the street but the music as well. Any suggestions would be great THank you
i recently purchased the q logic kicks that house the 6.5 mid and i gotta tell you it doesnt leave much leg room. on the drivers side you lose your dead pedal and always have to keep your knee bent and your foot back.

if you were going with kicks id say 5.25

Thanks for the info on the kicks.... Okay, so should i get the two pairs.. One for the doors and the other for the kicks? 5.25 for the kicks and 6.5 for the doors? Both the Pioneer sets?

Start with doors only for now. You might be surprised how well they sound amply amped. If you still want more, then look into doing kicks.

if you're wanting something that will get loud, and not lose it's composure, i'd recommend looking into a 3way setup. put the 6.5's in the doors, and the midrange and tweet in kickpanels. if you like JL's, the XR653 setup sounds great, and if you bridge that amp to each side, it should be sufficient power for them to sound great, and get very loud. more than enough to keep up with a pair of 12w6's. any other 3way setup of decent quality would keep up very well also. check out some of the dynaudio's, boston pro 6.53, and several other sets would suit you well.

Okay, that sounds good with the 3-way setup. I just like the look and the way that the speakers sound when they are mounted in the kick panel, and this would be the way to do it. Now, the JL component set that was mentioned says that the RMS power handling is 70watts, and my amp is about 200watts RMS bridged.. Is there any other 3-way components that have that high of a power handling?

THanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.