best 6.5 comps for Rock music

airtas
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
NY
I currently have polk db's which I like but I think they are lacking something not sure what.

I have an infinity 4 channel pushing out 111 rms per channel and also have two alpine type r subs

what can I do for a speaker upgrade, I was looking at the boston pro 60's

yes, no?

pro 60's are good but there's so many options across all the brands. i have cdt m6's with drt-26 aluminum tweeters and i love them for rock

I currently have polk db's which I like but I think they are lacking something not sure what.
I have an infinity 4 channel pushing out 111 rms per channel and also have two alpine type r subs

what can I do for a speaker upgrade, I was looking at the boston pro 60's

yes, no?
if you don't know what the db's are lacking then how do you know what you want in a new set of speakers.

I really liked Rainbow CMX 265's with the CAL25 titanium tweeter for my rock/metal music.

The board member Hemiscott has a pair of those that I used to own that he's selling for $175 shipped. that's a great deal on a set that's usually around $300 brand new.

budget isn't really an issue i would like to stay within 300-600

I think the polks are lacking treble and some mid bass

Yes, you could do much better than the Polks.

The rainbow speakers mentioned above are good. Other great bang for the buck speakers are Cerwin Vega V-max 65, PPI 356cs, Image Dynamics, and Critical Mass.

the new image dynamics is your best bet. think about it this way... would you rather have the lower line of a high dollar comp or the top of the line of a mid-high level comp? with rainbow you don't want anything lower than the geraniums. modles less than just listed is a waste. your just buying the name.

the new image dynamics is your best bet. think about it this way... would you rather have the lower line of a high dollar comp or the top of the line of a mid-high level comp? with rainbow you don't want anything lower than the geraniums. modles less than just listed is a waste. your just buying the name.

- This is very wise advice.

I love that avatar... too much junk in the trunk is just right... and I'm not talking about audio equipment!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.