Components

Those look pretty nice. How about the Audiobahn ABC6003V? They have one of the highest RMS ratings of the ones that I have seen at 320watts RMS.

I have seen some bad and some good reviews about Audiobahn products but does anyone have any first hand experience with this set?

Thanks

Rainbow>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Audio-crap

Dont get Audiobahn, their ratings are lies!!

Rainbow is 100% Better!!!!

I'd venture to say that Rainbow is 100,000% better than AudioBling crap. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If you can get them sealed with even a little air space in the kicks, that would be better than door speakers. Adding door speakers at that point would negate the good front soundstage and imaging kicks can give (unless you are going to add strickly midbass drivers to the doors to compliment kicks, but this is another topic... and even if the midbass drivers are crossed quite low, they may still degrade kick panel imaging).

If you can't get the speakers installed sealed and in rigid enclosures (which probably rules out q-forms unless they are highly modified/customized), one set in the doors is the next best thing.

As others have pointed out, don't do two sets up front... instead, buy one set of higher quality for your money.

Dejawiz has some great recommendations for speakers, can't go wrong with those. But for high power and a soft dome, Oz matrix would be good.

I'd venture to say that Rainbow is 100,000% better than AudioBling crap. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
wow what was I smoking, more like

100000000000000000000% better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

Okay, No Go on the Audiobahn.. But has anyone listen to that particular component set or is everyone basing there hate for them over previous things they have listen to, or heard about them?

Okay, so my choice now is Oz audio, Focal, Polk, or CDT...

Lets say that they would be mounted in the Q-logic kick panel pods.. And I am just going with the 2way component set.

And my price range is around 450 or so..

What can play the loudest, and sound the best?

I want to be able to turn it up and go 2 streets over and be able to not only hear the bass (Which i can hear already) but be able to really hear the words as well, If thats even possible..

Thanks

Audiobahn is cheap, poor quality junk that only got popular through advertising and bling appeal.

With a budget of $450, I'd say the K2P's or the CMX265Kick's. I'd also say the Polk SR6500's, but those are pretty much an all out SQ set and won't be as midbass aggressive as the other two (although they'd still get decently loud).

Okay, that sounds good with the 3-way setup. I just like the look and the way that the speakers sound when they are mounted in the kick panel, and this would be the way to do it. Now, the JL component set that was mentioned says that the RMS power handling is 70watts, and my amp is about 200watts RMS bridged.. Is there any other 3-way components that have that high of a power handling?
THanks
when you go with a decent speaker, power ratings are more for liability than anything else, really. for a long time i was running a set of TR-650csi speakers off of a jl 300/2. those speakers are rated at 50 watts RMS. i never had a single issue with them. i am a firm believer in overpowering. the more power you have on tap, the less your amplifier has to work to push the speakers. if you have a 500 watt amp pushing a 70 watt pair of speakers, the amp isn't even breaking a sweat, resulting in less heat, less strain on the amp, and better sound. if you have a 70 watt amp on a 70 watt pair of speakers, you're pushing that amp at its max to extract the full potential out of the speakers. would you rather go 100mph in a geo metro, or 100mph in a maybach mercedes?

having said that, jl also seriously underrates their power ratings. the w1v2 subs are 'rated' at 150 watts RMS. i've had customers push a single 10w1v2 with a 500/1 jl amp, beat the piss out of it, and never had a speaker failure. i'm not saying the jl's are the absolute greatest thing on earth, but for a good price range there isn't much in that price range that will sound better, without going DIY which may be a bit over your skill level, i know nothing of your background, but judging from your posts you'd probably be better off going with something that will do better otu of the box, without the need of a bunch of processing, highly customized install, etc to get it to sound right.

personally, i have a set of boston pro 6.53's and wouldn't trade them for, well, anything short of a set of the new boston Z's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif those will handle anything you could ever possibly throw at them. they're 'rated' at 50-500 watts RMS. currently they're underpowered with an old ppi art amp, but when i get a few extra bucks, and a pdx 4.150 that will all change //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

and if you're going with qlogic kickpanels, then get yourself a bucket of resin and some matting, and reinforce the holy **** out of the backside of them, or you'll never get the midbass you're looking for because the energy from the speaker goes to flexing the baffle they're mounted to, rather than producing sound. and if you want to go with a 2way set, i'd say boston pro's or spend a little more on the dynaudio system 240.

and if you're going with qlogic kickpanels, then get yourself a bucket of resin and some matting, and reinforce the holy **** out of the backside of them, or you'll never get the midbass you're looking for because the energy from the speaker goes to flexing the baffle they're mounted to, rather than producing sound. .

- I don't think even that would be enough... read what I said a few posts back. If you want to go with q-forms, look for a 3-way set, such as rainbow, so you can put the midbass driver in the doors and get some midbass.

- I don't think even that would be enough... read what I said a few posts back. If you want to go with q-forms, look for a 3-way set, such as rainbow, so you can put the modbass driver in the doors and get some midbass.
i'd agree with you, however with reinforcement to the qforms they do a lot better than they do out of the box, and if someone doesn't have the skill to actually do it right and make it themselves, even a monkey could slap some glass onto the back of something that's already built. and i also agree with doing the 3way set with the midrange in the kicks with the tweet, and but the woofer in a heavily deadened door for best results. that is how i have it set up my my truck, and i couldn't be happier for a free set of speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.