Whats some good comps to go with for my situation?

audiobahnuser18
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Mi
Alright guy's here's what im working with right now for a front stage just the cheap lower line of alpine type s 6.5 coaxials running right off the hu . but i was wondering what would big a good component set to run with the amp will come later down the line. sry this would be the first time i have ran comp's in my car or a 2nd amp also for a front stage. my budget most i would want to spend $160 but i could try for a little bit over cause i will still have to save up for the 2nd amp and also the wiring for that also but that's not to bad. so what you guys think oh almost for got i listen to like everything really so wouldn't just be for spl i listen to rap , rock , techno , metal , screamo everything pretty much except country lol. well would appericate the help thx guys.

Hypnotic HV5's. That's if you can find them. I got mine for $26 shipped, which is far less than dealer cost. They have GREAT mid bass, but the tweeter *****, I suggest finding some soft tweets if you do get this line.

My boston acoustics s60's sound pretty good without an amp. I'm sure they'll sound much better amped, but they've not dissappointed me off hu power for over a year.

oh alright yeah i also saw the new type x component set by alpine my friend that works at the shop that let me hear em man what a nice clean clear crisp sound they had.

I dont personally like the X's. If I were looking at a more name brand I'd pick up a set of JL Xr's, they're pretty clean and all I keep hearing is they can take the power and get louder, clean sound still

You could pick up the JL's online for not a whole lot more than you're looking.

Another good little set is the Pioneer REV's, a friend of mine has a set on his Panasonic and they sound pretty nice, I was suprised.

I know guy's alot of stuff is cheaper online now . do you think this is a good deal i can get the pioneer rev's the comp set for $150?

tbabz1 thx for all the links and info also you guys thx. polk's i never been a big fan of man cause i have just seen alot of there products my friends have had not good quality.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.