Component Set in Jeep Speaker Pods

Participant count
  • Participant list
I got the pods part done. I got 10 sq ft of sound deadener for cheap, so I went with a few layers. I had bought a 6.5" adapter for a Toyota to fit the speaker in there where the 5.25" used to be, but the adapters were almost an inch tall, and I wasn't happy with the look. I found that if I dremel'ed a few cuts on the 5.25" mounting surface, that made it where there was enough give to sit the basket of the 6.5" down into the hole allowing me to flush mount them. The speaker gasketing tape didn't like to bend around the speaker, so I ran it around the inside of the pod's recessed area and then flared it out. They turned out pretty well, imo.

I also got a cutting board to mount the amp and crossovers to. This will go under the steering column, behind the dash. That way it will be pretty protected from the elements, and also out of sight of passer-bys. I may adjust the disto block locations.

I got the project wrapped up this weekend.

Set the amp gains with a DMM. I wanted to dial the amp down a little bit, so I set my head unit (4v pre-amp) to 75% volume with a 1Khz tone and used the Square Root of (Watts X resistance) but instead of using the 200 watt RMS figure, I substituted the 200 for 150. Does that sound right?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.