Component install in a civic coupe

drewbillingsley
10+ year member

I have a 2012 civic si, and for right now, I just wanna go with a good component system and a new hu. I think I'm gonna go with the focal 130as system and probably a pioneer in dash. They'd go in the front doors. What would you guys do with the speakers in the rear deck? Just leave em stock? Also, would you guys leave the stock tweeters installed in addition to the focal ones? Just trying to learn more, everything I've done was a truck with four door speakers and a couple tweeters lol

We have a speaker upgrade kit for the Civic that should fit your vehicle. I recommend upgrading the rear speakers if you like having sound from the back. Do not leave your factory tweeters connected when you upgrade to components.

just buy components, make 6, 6.5, 6.75 or 7 wooden mdf baffle and screw it in to your doors. Take out the panel where your stock tweets are enclosed in, remove the stock tweets, drop in the new tweets. You can reuse the stock factory wiring or you can replace it with thicker wire if you want. If you have trouble getting tweets to stay put, either use epoxy putty or velcro strips.

Most compenents are 4 ohms single voice coil no need to worry about that.

Installation is very simple.

while your at it, you might want to do some door treatments too so your midbass performance increases.

just buy components, make 6, 6.5, 6.75 or 7 wooden mdf baffle and screw it in to your doors.
This is a tried and true method that works but the adapters we offer are impervious to moisture, plus I ensure the speakers I'm offering will fit perfectly. It's ideal for someone without the tools, time etc. to do that on their own.

The Civic dash tweeter panels should have holes drilled to flush mount aftermarket tweeters, so be aware of that, drewbillingsley.

Thanks guys. I'm just gonna buy 6.5 components and try to do it all myself. I'm also gonna buy a couple coaxials to go in the rear deck. The 6.5" should mount in the door just fine where the stock speakers were. I'll have a 4 channel amp to run the components and coaxials off of. If I take my time and am careful, I think I'll be fine. I'd rather do it myself anyway cause it'll be fun and in the end I know it's done the way I want. Wish me luck

Thanks guys. I'm just gonna buy 6.5 components and try to do it all myself. I'm also gonna buy a couple coaxials to go in the rear deck. The 6.5" should mount in the door just fine where the stock speakers were. I'll have a 4 channel amp to run the components and coaxials off of. If I take my time and am careful, I think I'll be fine. I'd rather do it myself anyway cause it'll be fun and in the end I know it's done the way I want. Wish me luck
The speaker package in the Civic kit is available separately, or I can put together a component+coaxial kit for you as well if you want nicer components. There are other good speakers we can offer if you don't want CDT speakers.

Well I pretty much set my mind on the morel Maximo component set and a pair of infinity reference coaxials. The Maximo's seem to be the best quality for the price that I've found and I know the infinities are fairly nice speakers and fairly cheap as well. The only problem there is they won't come with any mounting brackets

Well I pretty much set my mind on the morel Maximo component set and a pair of infinity reference coaxials. The Maximo's seem to be the best quality for the price that I've found and I know the infinities are fairly nice speakers and fairly cheap as well. The only problem there is they won't come with any mounting brackets
Darn, if only there was a vendor with a solution to that problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.