Completed Box Build With Sundown SA 12 Rev 3

Participant count
  • Participant list

Eldoggo

CarAudio.com Recruit
Canada
*If this doesnt belong here, please move*

I recently built a 12" sub box, ported to 35hz at 2.1cu. It was my first box i have ever built. I did it with my grandpa, as he's always been into woodworking and such. I regret not taking photos during the build process, all I have is photos once its been installed.

Big thanks to fellow member Buck for the build guide, as well as helping me with it during the build.

Also, thanks for anyone on this site that helped me with my questions throughout.
I apologize that the photos arent better.

Attachments

• 20210126_143144.jpg
    20210126_143144.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 161
  • 20210126_143157.jpg
    20210126_143157.jpg
    286.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 20210126_143131.jpg
    20210126_143131.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 20210126_143220.jpg
    20210126_143220.jpg
    487.6 KB · Views: 167
I have the same sub in a 1.75cf @ 35hz which is Sundown specs. I'm running a JBL 1000w amp on mine but gains are conservative. How much power you running?

I have the same sub in a 1.75cf @ 35hz which is Sundown specs. I'm running a JBL 1000w amp on mine but gains are conservative. How much power you running?
700w at 2ohm load. Funny thing is, I tried to set gains the "proper" way with a multimeter, and I found the voltage was hit waaaaay lower than what the sub should reasonably be able to push out, so I just set it again by ear where it doesnt sound like anythings distorting or clipping and call it a day.

700w at 2ohm load. Funny thing is, I tried to set gains the "proper" way with a multimeter, and I found the voltage was hit waaaaay lower than what the sub should reasonably be able to push out, so I just set it again by ear where it doesnt sound like anythings distorting or clipping and call it a day.

I always do it by ear.

Seems don't look the cleanest. It is absolutely crucial that the box is completely airtight. I hope you have sealed around all the seems inside with some caulking. Assuming you sealed up on the inside nicely that looks like it should perform fine.

Have you ever used loctite pl premium?
I use a lot of PL and liquid nails. I'd buy a case of it to start wall builds where I use a lot of 2x4 frame/bracing pieces and/or you expect to wind up with pieces that don't mate clean and will usually buy a tube if I'm relying on Home Depot on making cuts or don't want to take the extra time lining up cuts on a quick project. Optimum is always wood glue and screws if you can get nice true seems though.

FWIW we used acrylic based construction adhesive in my brother's wall and that seemed to come out solid enough.

Liquid nails was strong af back in the day had to wear gloves now you can wash it off easily. Maybe it's a California thing as stuff here is not as good as it used to be.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.