Comparing Double Dins (navs)

It seems like their is no definitive answer to this question. And I still have 3-4 weeks to decide, hmm....

It seems like their is no definitive answer to this question. And I still have 3-4 weeks to decide, hmm....
By weds i'll have the HU running with Diamond D661s comps, ill let you know how it sounds and functionality.

Haha, thanks. I will definitely do a nice build log as soon as it gets underway. I will be acquiring the car in about 3-5 weeks, so I am going to get as much homework done now so I can start buying as soon as I get the car here. Thanks again guys for all of the help and information.
Well Santa did not disappoint.... I have the 7100 in hand. Now I have to make my appointment tomorrow to get it installed. Along with a few other goodies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I will give you a report in the next few days to let you know how it compares to my previous system. Remember I had the AVN6600 in a previous vehicle. I will get back to you... ...to be continued!

By weds i'll have the HU running with Diamond D661s comps, ill let you know how it sounds and functionality.
That would be awesome!

Well Santa did not disappoint.... I have the 7100 in hand. Now I have to make my appointment tomorrow to get it installed. Along with a few other goodies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I will give you a report in the next few days to let you know how it compares to my previous system. Remember I had the AVN6600 in a previous vehicle. I will get back to you... ...to be continued!
What other goodies do you speak of? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif A comparison would be awesome as I still think the 6610 is atop my list.

I would get the 6610. I certainly would not buy the JVC or the Kenwood.
Why? Have you used any of the DD's?

What other goodies do you speak of? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif A comparison would be awesome as I still think the 6610 is atop my list.
amps, subs, components Kenwood. And remote start paging alarm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

amps, subs, components Kenwood. And remote start paging alarm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
mmm, nice. Be sure to throw up some pics/reviews.

Dropped off about 3 hours ago... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Lucky bastard. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I kept adding things to the list and took a little longer for them to complete. I ended up with the Kenwood 7100 as planned. Kenwood Bluetooth, Kenwood rear view camera. ( I know the camera was totally un-needed. But sure helps to dock a trailer when you are trying to line up a loaded trailer alone. Cadence Amps ZRS7000D and ZRS1004. Image dynamic IDQv.3's Subs, Cadence CVL components, Image dynamics co'ax for the rear. And a new Compustar Alarm.

I have had only a few hours to play around with the Kenwood 7100. I have to say compared to the AVN6600 that I had previously. I give the slight advantage to the Kenwood. I really like the features, the screens for the menus, etc. I give those all major advantages over the Eclipse unit. The EQ feature on the Eclipse provides more detail to make some tweeking. But I really didnt see any disadvantage compared to the Kenwood 7100. The screen and external look of the Kenwood I'm much in favor of the Kenwood. The advantages of the 6600 over the 7100. EQ and 5v. The sound quality on the Kenwood is VERY good. Now comparing the Nav between the two. No contest. The Kenwood is hands down better. I took a few minutes to search locations that I could not find in the Eclipse... Well they are all on the Kenwood. The lookup for the address is much faster and easier to navigate. The steps to enter the city, address, etc is better organized to quickly find your address.

I didnt previously have bluetooth on the Eclipse. I didnt really think it was necessary, and to honest, it may not be. But it is so nice to setup your blue tooth phone and never remove it from your pocket. Hands free. The reception is really good. My callers could not tell I was on a speaker phone. I could also hear them loud and clear. The only thing that sux... You have to select each number from your phone book to load to the Blue tooth. But once it is done, you are good to go.

I kept adding things to the list and took a little longer for them to complete. I ended up with the Kenwood 7100 as planned. Kenwood Bluetooth, Kenwood rear view camera. ( I know the camera was totally un-needed. But sure helps to dock a trailer when you are trying to line up a loaded trailer alone. Cadence Amps ZRS7000D and ZRS1004. Image dynamic IDQv.3's Subs, Cadence CVL components, Image dynamics co'ax for the rear. And a new Compustar Alarm.
I have had only a few hours to play around with the Kenwood 7100. I have to say compared to the AVN6600 that I had previously. I give the slight advantage to the Kenwood. I really like the features, the screens for the menus, etc. I give those all major advantages over the Eclipse unit. The EQ feature on the Eclipse provides more detail to make some tweeking. But I really didnt see any disadvantage compared to the Kenwood 7100. The screen and external look of the Kenwood I'm much in favor of the Kenwood. The advantages of the 6600 over the 7100. EQ and 5v. The sound quality on the Kenwood is VERY good. Now comparing the Nav between the two. No contest. The Kenwood is hands down better. I took a few minutes to search locations that I could not find in the Eclipse... Well they are all on the Kenwood. The lookup for the address is much faster and easier to navigate. The steps to enter the city, address, etc is better organized to quickly find your address.

I didnt previously have bluetooth on the Eclipse. I didnt really think it was necessary, and to honest, it may not be. But it is so nice to setup your blue tooth phone and never remove it from your pocket. Hands free. The reception is really good. My callers could not tell I was on a speaker phone. I could also hear them loud and clear. The only thing that sux... You have to select each number from your phone book to load to the Blue tooth. But once it is done, you are good to go.
Good stuff man. Thanks. Good luck with your install!

Ok these all look great. Does anyone have an opinion for a nav unit that works with XM. I have a three year subscription and hate to ditch that for sirius. Thanks for any advice.

Ok these all look great. Does anyone have an opinion for a nav unit that works with XM. I have a three year subscription and hate to ditch that for sirius. Thanks for any advice.
I think most, if not all, are capable of XM. Go to Crutchfield.com and search each unit, then go to "Accessories" and see if an XM tuner box is listed.

I have owned just about every Pioneer Navi they have made since 02' and I have pretty much liked them all. One of the features that you will love from Pioneer is the TELEPHONE SEARCH. This is one feature that most of the Eclipse Navi's don't have. Not to mention, most of the Eclipse Navi units come in like cartoons (Navigation Screen looks fuzzy as hell). The Eclipse units have dead-on accuracy as far as the actual navigation goes. For some reason Pioneer Navi's are sometimes very mis-leading. I would love to get all of the features that the Pioneer units have to offer in the Eclipse Navis.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.