color me disappointed

Yup, i would think that if that doesnt work, it may be that the box is just too small, but i would think it would still get moving pretty good with even only 200 watts or so..

20 was were the front speakers started sounding like crap, but the other problem I have is when I was playing the 40hz test tone it was coming through the front comps. The hu doesn't have anyway to tune it out so I suppose I need to get some bass blockers.

I see, my set up used to do the same thing with my alpine hu, but i found out how to use the built in crossover which helped alot.. Idk what kind of settings the hu your using has..

Not crap for settings really. Pretty sad little head unit, I really screwed up buying it. Lesson, don't take your wife along and be in a hurry when picking out a head unit.

It seems it should still be able to perform decent by the way of sub output, i have had several diff problems with subs and wiring, had a loose ground the other day and i thought i blew something up sub rattled and got quiet but amp never shut off, had a bad set of rcas before and was only getting like half the power from my amp somehow, it could be something simple as that.

i have the same sub but its a 10", it doesnt get loud at all in a sealed box- has good extrusion but is really quiet-its weird to watch it moving like crazy and producing so little bass. does pretty good in a ported box though.

Why only 1 channel of the amp hooked up?
Because it is a 500 watt rms 1000 max sub and the amp puts out 1000 watts per channel when run at 2 ohm, or 500 per channel at 4 ohm. The sub is dual 2 ohm coils and the amp is not bridgeable, I think 2000 watts might be a bit much for the sub.

i have the same sub but its a 10", it doesnt get loud at all in a sealed box- has good extrusion but is really quiet-its weird to watch it moving like crazy and producing so little bass. does pretty good in a ported box though.
It doesn't move much at all when the gain is turned down.

i have this same exact problem with the sub on my boat. its connected to a kenwood kmr 330 HU and i have the rear sub preamp output doesnt work so i have it ran with RCA splitters with the rear speakers. i have the gain almost all the way up on the alpine mrp m500 amp to get good bass out of my alpine type r sub

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.