Can bass damage an engine?

RSDXzec
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Australia
edit: the title probably should've said can it damage an ignition system.

I've had a 12" sub in my car for a few months running on 300wrms. Just yesterday the car started making odd noises. Seems like the spark plugs aren't firing well and fuel isn't burning properly, as in there may be issues with the timing of the ignitions. Just wanted to know if you guys thought this damage could have possibly been from the vibrations of the bass or if it's just the car getting old.

Cheers.

edit: the title probably should've said can it damage an ignition system.
I've had a 12" sub in my car for a few months running on 300wrms. Just yesterday the car started making odd noises. Seems like the spark plugs aren't firing well and fuel isn't burning properly, as in there may be issues with the timing of the ignitions. Just wanted to know if you guys thought this damage could have possibly been from the vibrations of the bass or if it's just the car getting old.

Cheers.
thats how cars gets as they get older. they need routine maintenance

That 12 off 300w probably isn't even dimming your headlights -- it's not the bass.
thats how cars gets as they get older. they need routine maintenance
Yeah I figured it most likely wasn't but you never know, figured it was worth asking.

im replacing my ignition switch now so it may...
seriously? how old is your car and what kind of system do you have in it?

bass will not be damaging anything at that level OP, don't worry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

97 acura 3.0 cl 230k riding a 45+ daily...
45+ as in over 145db? that would be considerably more than a 12" sub at 300watts rms, I think I'm around the 120's lol, it's not a very powerful system. How many watts rms are you running?

bass will not be damaging anything at that level OP, don't worry //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Not even his ears.
haha sweet, cheers guys, still relatively new to car audio so I still have much to learn.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.