color me disappointed

my 2v alpine has 0 issues getting full rms from my AQ1200 or eclipse and neither amp even get warm

I keep sub lvl at +15, so the full 2V signal is going to the amp

my 2v alpine has 0 issues getting full rms from my AQ1200 or eclipse and neither amp even get warm

I keep sub lvl at +15, so the full 2V signal is going to the amp
Where is your gain set?

Because it is a 500 watt rms 1000 max sub and the amp puts out 1000 watts per channel when run at 2 ohm, or 500 per channel at 4 ohm. The sub is dual 2 ohm coils and the amp is not bridgeable, I think 2000 watts might be a bit much for the sub.
Headroom and clean power is never a bad thing when done properly. I'd be much more hesitant to crank my gains than have more than enough power and keep the gains low.

Headroom and clean power is never a bad thing when done properly. I'd be much more hesitant to crank my gains than have more than enough power and keep the gains low.
I might try hooking up both channels tomorrow. I still had to crank the gains on the bigger amp also. I need to mess with it some more. One problem is he doesn't get to keep my big amp : )

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is your gain set?
little less then 2.5V on my AQ1200, since it only needs like 900 and im at 1ohm. My eclipse i set via dmm but they were louder then i wanted so i turned them down till i liked it from the DMM set gain, which was like 3/4ths, im at half or so

Ok tomorrow I will put the smaller amp back in(if it gets stolen I wont be out so much), disconnect the front speakers, crank the volume to 25, run the subwoofer volume to +15, use this

test tone, with my computer volume all the way up. Now the amp is 400 watts x 1 @ 4ohm so that is 40 volts ac at the speaker outputs, correct? So turn the gain till I see that #?
What about the bass setting on the deck, I think it goes from -10 to +10, what should I set that to?

Leave the bass setting at zero. What I'm not understanding is why you,re using a computer to run the tone? Not sure that it matters, but a tone burned to cd might be better.

Ok tomorrow I will put the smaller amp back in(if it gets stolen I wont be out so much), disconnect the front speakers, crank the volume to 25, run the subwoofer volume to +15, use this test tone, with my computer volume all the way up. Now the amp is 400 watts x 1 @ 4ohm so that is 40 volts ac at the speaker outputs, correct? So turn the gain till I see that #?
What about the bass setting on the deck, I think it goes from -10 to +10, what should I set that to?
Subwoofer setting (I believe the website calls it that so the deck should call it that too) should be max +

the number you find while turning up the gain with a DMM is

Square Root(ohms*rms)

IE: (1ohms*1000rms) = 1000 the square root of 1000 is 31.6 so you set it to 31.6 ACV

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.