Clueless newbie needs your help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

MrsWatts

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi everyone so glad to have found you! I am very much into my music and have a very nice home system. Just bought a 2004 Lexus GS 300 that has the crappiest sounding system I have ever heard so I have purchased all new components for it. I went with an Alpine CDE- 175BT H.U,, an old school A/D/S PQ 10 4 channel amp, a set of A/D/S 300is panel speakers for the rear deck and a pair of JBL GTO 629 6.5 in speakers for the front doors. Nothing has been installed yet and I am hoping and praying everything I have will go well together. I wanted to run the specs by you to see if any problems catch your eye. The amp specs are 35x4 @4ohms, 45x4@2ohms, 90x2@4ohms. A/D/S 300is speakers are 4ohm rated 50 watts nominal 100 watts max, amp power 5 watts min 100 watts max. JBL GTO 629 speakers are 3 ohm rated, 225 watt peak power handling 75 watt RMS recommended amp power 5 watts- 200. I do notice one potential problem that being one set of speakers is 4 ohm rated and the other 3 ohm from the info provided do you think this system will work well together? Thank you so much for your help!

Hi everyone so glad to have found you! I am very much into my music and have a very nice home system. Just bought a 2004 Lexus GS 300 that has the crappiest sounding system I have ever heard so I have purchased all new components for it. I went with an Alpine CDE- 175BT H.U,, an old school A/D/S PQ 10 4 channel amp, a set of A/D/S 300is panel speakers for the rear deck and a pair of JBL GTO 629 6.5 in speakers for the front doors. Nothing has been installed yet and I am hoping and praying everything I have will go well together. I wanted to run the specs by you to see if any problems catch your eye. The amp specs are 35x4 @4ohms, 45x4@2ohms, 90x2@4ohms. A/D/S 300is speakers are 4ohm rated 50 watts nominal 100 watts max, amp power 5 watts min 100 watts max. JBL GTO 629 speakers are 3 ohm rated, 225 watt peak power handling 75 watt RMS recommended amp power 5 watts- 200. I do notice one potential problem that being one set of speakers is 4 ohm rated and the other 3 ohm from the info provided do you think this system will work well together? Thank you so much for your help!
I don't see a lot of advertisements for home stereo these days. Is it a dying art? What types of components do you have? Just curious, as I still have some components in my house. A response is optional, as you inquired about car stereo.

I don't see a lot of advertisements for home stereo these days. Is it a dying art? What types of components do you have? Just curious, as I still have some components in my house. A response is optional, as you inquired about car stereo.
No problem would love to talk about it. I have a yamaha pc2002m amp 240 watts, a yamaha c80 pre amp, a sony ta-n9000es dvd, sacd player and some Accoustic Research AR91 speakers

No problem would love to talk about it. I have a yamaha pc2002m amp 240 watts, a yamaha c80 pre amp, a sony ta-n9000es dvd, sacd player and some Accoustic Research AR91 speakers

Attachments

• photostudio_1592362734004.jpg
    photostudio_1592362734004.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 267
  • photostudio_1592362772430.jpg
    photostudio_1592362772430.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 280
  • photostudio_1592362804099.jpg
    photostudio_1592362804099.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 268
Thank you. You have some serious equipment. I had a friend years ago who had some Yamaha equipment. I was impressed, but couldn't afford it at the time. Thanks again for the information. Happy listening.

Should all work just fine together. I would run new speaker wire also

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.