Class D amps...

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qty=2&woofer_imp=2

Great Calculator to show you what you can run. You can Wire two 8ohm SVC subs to a 4 ohm load. That's why I suggested the amp I did earlier, it puts out 450 watts at that load. Always ignore peak or max ratings, every manufacturer rates that differently. Look at the RMS rating.

That truck, depending on year looks like it has a 95 or 110 amp alterantor. I'm running my setup with about 200 watts to my speakers and 1000 to my sub on a Mazda 626 with a stock 85A alternator. You should be able to get away with running that amp at 1 ohm ok. If you want two subs when you upgrade get two dual 4 ohm, or two dual 1 ohm subs. That allows you to wire them to 1 ohm final load.

Your 8 ohm subs connected '"parallel" creates a 4 ohm load to the amplifier. You are running 2 subs with a 150 watt rms rating. Your amplifier will show ratings for a 4 ohm load. If it says it produces 300 watts at 4 ohm by 1 channel, this would be a good match for the rms ratings of your subs.. 300watts divided by 2 subs = 150w each.

You want to push more then rated power to them and have headroom for future upgrades correct, so if the amp is rated at 400w at 4 ohm then you are pushing 200w to each sub, which is 50w more then the rms rating.

You mentioned future upgrades to a possible (2) subs at 4 ohm svc, these 4 ohm subs wired parallel will give you a 2 ohm load to the amp. Now, that same amp described above will also give you a rms rating at the givin 2 ohm load, which usually doubles from the 4 ohm load. Your 300 watt 4ohm amp can produce 600 watt at 2 ohm. So when looking to upgrade your subs you can pick a ones that can handle 300w rms and are 4ohm voice coils.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qty=2&woofer_imp=2
Great Calculator to show you what you can run. You can Wire two 8ohm SVC subs to a 4 ohm load. That's why I suggested the amp I did earlier, it puts out 450 watts at that load. Always ignore peak or max ratings, every manufacturer rates that differently. Look at the RMS rating.

That truck, depending on year looks like it has a 95 or 110 amp alterantor. I'm running my setup with about 200 watts to my speakers and 1000 to my sub on a Mazda 626 with a stock 85A alternator. You should be able to get away with running that amp at 1 ohm ok. If you want two subs when you upgrade get two dual 4 ohm, or two dual 1 ohm subs. That allows you to wire them to 1 ohm final load.
But what im not understanding is will both my subs be fully pushed or will i have to split the wattage between the 2 8 ohm subs

But what im not understanding is will both my subs be fully pushed or will i have to split the wattage between the 2 8 ohm subs
When running multiple subs, you will always split the wattage into how many subs you are running. 2 subs on a 300w amp will give you 150w to each sub, 300w amp to 3 subs will give you 100w each.. see how it works

oh wait i think i understand...dont go by peak power on my subs....how can i really find out how many watts peak they can handle?
They are rated in both "RMS" power and "PEAK" power handling, manufacturers provide this information for you. RMS is where you want to be power wise on a daily basis, PEAK is the estimated power it can handle at one givin moment, not recommended for continuous use or it will cause damage to the speaker.

I understand....thanks...so how many watts should the amp be to push my 150 rms 8 ohm single voice coil subs fully but SAFELY!! Ya'll have been a big help for breaking s.h.i.t. down for me!!

An single channel amp that can produced 300watts at a 4 ohm load would power your 2 "current" subs right to their rms ratting of 150 watts. You mentioned a little headroom for future upgrades, you can always buy a "bigger" amp and keep it toned down to not overpower your current subs, but can be "turned up" when you upgrade to something else. Several members have suggested amps that would suit this situation. My next question is how much $ do you want to spend on an amp? then i can start to narrow it down for you, but by all means, make your own decisions, research and learn about the different manufactures, and ask other people what their opinions are, its the only way to learn and gain more knowledge of what you are trying to do

shouldnt you be able to atleast push the subs to 225 watts a peice safely...they are Kicker...lol not trying to spend over $250.00 and i really would like a bass control knob with it and at what ohm should the amp be for max performance for my 8 ohm subs

Honestly, there are subs that can handle fine on twice the rms power the manufactures recommend, and the only true way to find out is overpower them urself and see how long they last, or by word of mouth.

Could you help me find a cea approved (for true power) 600 watt rms class D amp to give me 300 watts@4 ohms for each sub...with a remote wired bass knob for the cheapest you can find?? please I been looking all day hommie!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.