Class D amps...

Gilgamesh
10+ year member

I have no clue can someone help!!

On a class D Monoblock Amplifier, when it says: 450W x 1 rms does that mean using only one sub....and does it mean if i hook up 2 subs (instead of one) with the same impedence, does that mean I will get 900 watts peak power x 1 channel? Just trying to make sense of all this....it gets me confused!! :p

"xxx" x 1 means 1 channel. You can use this channel for as many compatible subs as you need, given that the final ohm load is appropriate.

Example: An amplifier that gives 1000rms @ 1 ohm x 1 hooked up to two DVC 4 ohm woofers wired in parallel will give 500rms to each woofer.

I have 2 kicker comps 150 watts rms 8 ohm subs....I want to be able to throw them fully with a little extra power because i want to eventually upgrade my subs...I want 4 ohm subs with more power handling eventually.....Help Meh....please.....looking for amp with true power but cant afford to much!!

Look man I am trying...I never claimed that I knew everything because I don't but i have to start somewhere and beleive me your help is appreciated....what is a good amp for 2 kicker comp 12's 150 rms 8 ohm subs with a little extra power for room to eventually upgrade my subs..eventually i want 4 ohm dvc 12's with more power handling capability.....please help...I looked at atleast 30 different amps and im still not sure on what to get....an amp with true power at a good price. Thanks...

Why don't you stick with Kicker and get a ZX500.1 or a ZX750.1, that should be plenty for what you are trying to do at a budget.

plus it wont be too hard on your stock charging system.

What is a stock charging system....is that a capacitor and what if i dont have one?One more question I have is....say you have a class D Mono block amp 500W x 1 rms...does that mean if i hook up 2 subs with the same impedence to that 1 500W x1 rms channel that both my subs will have 500Watts a peice pushing them??

Ok, your options right now are to look for something that is in that range of 450 watts x 1 at 4 ohms. That'll give you a little headroom for your current subs. Generally, if the amp is two ohm or lower stable you do double the power every time the impedance is halved. If the amp is one ohm stable for example that 450 x1 amp would put out about 900x1@2 ohms, and 1800x1@1 ohm. There are exceptions, and that is just a rule of thumb kind of thing.

Have a look at

Amazon.com: Hifonics Brutus BRZ1200.1D D-Class Mono Block 1 x 450 @ 4 OHMS, 1 x 900 @ 2 OHMS, 1 x 1200 @ 1 OHM: Automotive

Never ran them personally, but supposed to be a decent budget amp (especially at $160) Rated at 450x1@4, 900x1@2, and 1200@1 ohm.

What is a stock charging system....is that a capacitor and what if i dont have one?One more question I have is....say you have a class D Mono block amp 500W x 1 rms...does that mean if i hook up 2 subs with the same impedence to that 1 500W x1 rms channel that both my subs will have 500Watts a peice pushing them??
He just means your alternator, extra battery, etc. go with a lot of power and you might need to upgrade some of that. What do you drive? That can give us an idea of what you can run without needing to upgrade a lot of other items.

And no, if your amp is rated at 500w at a certain ohm load, putting two subs on that have the same final load will split the power between the subs.

I drive a Mazda b-2300 extended cab...my worry is....ok my subs are 8 ohm subs 300 watts peak handling...I want to push them fully... with extra wattage for speaker upgrade(later)at what ohm amp would i need or wich amp would i need to push the 8 ohm 300watts peak handling subs fully with extra power to boot.....my problem is my subs or 8 ohms(poo poo i think) and I have no clue as to how many ohms the amp needs to be to push them fully with extra power.....I know im repeating myself sorry i just wanna make sure that you understand exactly my delimma

I drive a Mazda b-2300 extended cab...my worry is....ok my subs are 8 ohm subs 300 watts peak handling...I want to push them fully... with extra wattage for speaker upgrade(later)at what ohm amp would i need or wich amp would i need to push the 8 ohm 300watts peak handling subs fully with extra power to boot.....my problem is my subs or 8 ohms(poo poo i think) and I have no clue as to how many ohms the amp needs to be to push them fully with extra power.....I know im repeating myself sorry i just wanna make sure that you understand exactly my delimma
and my subs or single voice coil subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.