Need major help and input.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Skits89
10+ year member

NY
Hey guys so i have a quick question. I've had my system for a year and today i hopped in my car turned my car on did NOT have the sound on at all, and i heard some weird noises in the back of my trunk. I opened my trunk and my amp was smoking, and one of my subs was fried. Turns out my amp is fried too. I need to know what the problem is so i'll tell you everything i got and what i plan on changing so just let me know if it's correct/ I have a circuit braker from my batter to my amp so if too much power is going to the amp it will trip. I'm running 5 guage wire for a hifnoics brutus 2000w super class d mono block and i have 2 kicker cvr 12' 800 rms. I think the problem is the 5 guage wire that i ran that caused my amp to smoke and my sub to fry. I had this system for a year and it worked fine. I don't pound on my stuff either i listen to it very moderately thats why i don't understand what the problem was and i'm starting to think it was the 5 guage wire. I don't have my amp turned up all the way either for the subs, it's tuned to where the subs sound good without any distortion. Please if you guys have any comments on what may have caused this please let me know. Thank you.

I think you answered your own question there. That amp needs 0ga wire, so it was starving for power. Heated up, sent some DC voltage to your sub and took it out as well. Use 0ga for the power and ground and you should up grade you electrical with at least the big 3.

Okay awesome thanks for your help. Yeah my audio shop was telling me i needed new subs but as i said i don't have it turned up all the way at all and the sound of the subs that i have now is really all i can handle so its perfect then. I'll biuy a new cvr and 0 guage wire and hopefully it'll do the trick. But if there are any other suggestions let me know. THanks again man.

Ok so my speaker shop told me it wasn't my 5 guage wire that caused the problem....Could it have been speaker wire crossing?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.