Clarion EQS746 Install Concern

DJDroc22

So, I have a JVC KD S16 2.5volt Head Unit and a PPi 5440 amp and 15" PB sub. The only speaker powered by a amp is my Sub, and my door speakers are run by the HU. The system sounds decent and clear and pounds BUT i feel like it can sound clearer so i just ordered a Clarion Eq746 7volt to clear up my signals and add adjustability so my Question is...Can i run my new EQ in my setup to work with my stock speakers? since only my Sub is powered through an amp.

My amp is actually a 5 channel amp. i just dont use to 4 channels cause my HU only has Sub Preout. Will i have to get a new HU with more preouts to make my EQ work? i dont see how running new speaker wire to the doors from the amp is gonna give me EQ control.

My amp is actually a 5 channel amp. i just dont use to 4 channels cause my HU only has Sub Preout. Will i have to get a new HU with more preouts to make my EQ work? i dont see how running new speaker wire to the doors from the amp is gonna give me EQ control.
No u can probably use the same headunit change preout from sub to full pass ... You going to connect all the outs on the eq to the amp to gain control over the door speakers and sub

what headunit only had sub output? changing your headunit would give you the most gain in sound quality, run 3 sets of rca's to your amp( front rear and sub) and adjust from the headunit. if your still not happy with the sound then install the eq.

^^ onto it mayhem

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.