Clarion DXZ945mp Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Petey_W

I bought this used, and did the install myself after finding the wiring schematic online. The problem that I am having is that there is NO audio coming out. I can put a CD in and see the EQ on the display. The only thing I can think of is that the unit has a wire for cell phone audio mute. It is not connected anywhere right now. Could this be the problem? If so, what do I do with it, tie it HIGH or low.

Before I bought the stereo, it was working fine, be it was being used with amps, via the RCA jacks. I am just using the 4 sets of speaker wires.

Any help I could get would be greatly appreciated!

~Petey

Not really understanding exactly how you connected the amp?? I had an issue w a brand new HU, and trouble shooted for like 2hrs, and gave up during the night, by morning..I reset the HU that I couldnt see the night before, and was not in the info booklet for the HU??Go figure..It worked as it should after resetting??Might try that first, then if not, explain to detail what amp/model you have, and HU, and exactly how you connected the two together, and maybe some one here, can help, as well as me?Just a bit vague on the connecting the two together, and models/amp/ stereo.Try resetting first, see if that helps, if not let us know??:,Unplug the RCAs also??If you wired through the high level input, you dont need to use rca???D

I am not using an amp at all. The only thing I am using is the 4 sets of speaker wires. The guy that had the unit before me WAS using the amps though. Is there something in the software of the Clarion DXZ9454MP that tells it what outputs to use? I have tried resetting via the reset button behind the face plate of the HU. No luck, same problem. Is there another HARD reset that I am missing?

I am not using an amp at all. The only thing I am using is the 4 sets of speaker wires. The guy that had the unit before me WAS using the amps though. Is there something in the software of the Clarion DXZ9454MP that tells it what outputs to use? I have tried resetting via the reset button behind the face plate of the HU. No luck, same problem. Is there another HARD reset that I am missing?
The internal amp is fried. Buy yourself a 4 channel amp and use that instead and call it a day. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.