Subs aren't working please help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Willsphilly

Philly
Hey guys I have a sound stream rub 1000 watt mono amp hooked up to 2 jl w3s in a ported box. 4 gauge wire. I hooked it up about 3 weeks ago and it worked perfectly fine for 2 weeks then out of nowhereit shut off . So I did a little investigating I found out it only works in acc mode the subs sound great bang hard but when I start the car they immediately shut off but the amp stays on does not clip at all I am so confused ? I have a 1991 civic si hatch stock alternator stuck wiring should I upgrade big 3 ? I've went over all the wiring sand everything good ground power etc... Nothing iis loose. I just find it so strange it works in acc mode but not when I stArt the car. Please help me I need my bass back!

what do you mean by your amp stays on? Does it not go into protection or does it. when your car turns on, does your lights turn on automatically?

The amp stays on as in the lights on and it's not in protection mode but the subs won't work it's the craziest thing I've ever seen , they subs will only work when my car is in acc mode when I start the car they shut off with a loud thud of bass. And what lights? If you mean the headlights no

Sounds to me like your remote isnt wired properly???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

I've gone over all the wires multiple times and replaced them all no luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

HMM, No clue to what it could be.The only suggestion I can make, and I know its gonna Sux, but you may have to rewire everything to make it right man? Ive had to do that before in one of my personal vehicles, and it sux, and never found the issue,.Yet, Never had another either.I dont know what you got going on bro, without being there to look an trouble shoot.Its the only suggestion I can make to you, man:crap:

Grab a voltmeter, get a volt reading on your bat and ground on the amp while the car is running, if its lower than 12 volts your problem is the alternator...try this first, also test the remote wire, although I assume it is working properly if the amp comes on...if all that pans out, plug an ipod in the rca with the car started and see if you get response...if you do, check your RCA or you HU could be messed up...just a few tests to try before redoing everything

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.