Choosing car audio battery

Participant count
  • Participants list

idan167

CarAudio.com Recruit
Hey guys,
so I want to buy a battery for my setup and I dont really understand about how to choose and which brand.
also, how much time these battery's last?
I have one sub 750 rms and one pair of speakers each one 100 rms, this is for now, i may add another sub in the future.
so i saw on ebay Energie ER1000 , Energie PR1200 and XS Power XP750, i know xs power is way better, but its more expensive.
im thinking to buy the Energie ER1000 or Energie PR1200 since in my country a lot using this brand, should I get it? are they good as a brand?

Last edited:
Are those the amps' ratings or the drivers' ratings? Regardless, you shouldn't need a second battery for such low power. If you want a new battery just to have it, then get the cheaper one.

it is the drivers ratings, i have a little of voltage drops, something like 13.4, before adding the speakers i had 14.4 continuously no matter the volume. I feel the power drop..
im not replacing the car battery, just wanted to add another one on the back for the system.
if i should go with the cheaper one should i get the ER1000 or the PR1200? they are the same price.

it is the drivers ratings, i have a little of voltage drops, something like 13.4, before adding the speakers i had 14.4 continuously no matter the volume. I feel the power drop..
im not replacing the car battery, just wanted to add another one on the back for the system.
if i should go with the cheaper one should i get the ER1000 or the PR1200? they are the same price.
I have never heard of Energie, but higher CA rating would earn my vote.

Are you trolling?
No. His voltage is only dropping to 13.4 volts. That is probably where his current battery is floating at and starting to help with the voltage drop. Adding more AGM battery power is not going to do much, or anything to keep voltage up above 13.4. (if we were talking about lithium, life04, etc. it might be different.)

Are those the amps' ratings or the drivers' ratings? Regardless, you shouldn't need a second battery for such low power. If you want a new battery just to have it, then get the cheaper one.

Get the strongest AGM battery for now. That is all you need. You won't need the big 3 or a second battery until you get to 1,500 watts or more.

Ok then i guess i will check here prices for a strong agm battery and if it will be very expensive i will do the big 3 since it seems like easy work and will add budget battery as i listed before. does it sound ok or completely useless?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...