Choosing between some 15's.

I agree, I love Ascendant, they are personally my favorite brand, but it's the most expensive, and it also is rated at 800watts RMS, my amp only puts out maybe 600RMS. I feel like powering an SA-15 properly would be better than under powering a Chaos, but I may be wrong.
It is more expensive for a reason. It is Fi's dealer based product, if you want similar quality for less look at the Gcon and SSD that I suggested.

It is more expensive for a reason. It is Fi's dealer based product, if you want similar quality for less look at the Gcon and SSD that I suggested.
Will do.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Will these run off of 600 RMS well? I'm a firm believer that underpowering a sub is murder.

I'm going to get a lil crazy here but with the power you have on hand I would buy the e series from sundown.

Now hear me out if you do not want to buy a bigger amp I am willing to bet that with say 300-400 watts going to the sub the e15 will have more out put due to less mass in the moter structure. I have a set of e15's and a set of SA 15's and running them off the old cheapy ap apsm2000 in 2 ohm about 700-800 rms gives you around 350 watts rms to each sub. I could not tell the difference between them..

On the other hand I bought my e15"s and within a month bought a set of SA15"s because I found more powa. I regretted buying them only because I got a good deal on 2 Ed 9.1's that I running strapped.

Ps the e15"s are up for sale next week along with the apsm2000 ill do all of it for 250 plus shipping. Just an idea I'm throwing out there.

Will do.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Will these run off of 600 RMS well? I'm a firm believer that underpowering a sub is murder.
They will perform just fine. Just an FYI you "under power" your sub every single time you turn the volume down. Set your gain properly and you will be good to go. I have 1300 Rms on subs rated to handle 3500 and they perform great.

To be honest I know the SA's are rated at 600rms but they really come alive around 800-900 rms. I am feeding mine about 1200 each and have never gotten the stinky sub smell even on 5 hr road trips

They will perform just fine. Just an FYI you "under power" your sub every single time you turn the volume down. Set your gain properly and you will be good to go. I have 1300 Rms on subs rated to handle 3500 and they perform great.
Good point, haha. Guess the good ole "Just don't be an idiot." Applies to stereos as well.

I'm going to get a lil crazy here but with the power you have on hand I would buy the e series from sundown.

Now hear me out if you do not want to buy a bigger amp I am willing to bet that with say 300-400 watts going to the sub the e15 will have more out put due to less mass in the moter structure. I have a set of e15's and a set of SA 15's and running them off the old cheapy ap apsm2000 in 2 ohm about 700-800 rms gives you around 350 watts rms to each sub. I could not tell the difference between them..

On the other hand I bought my e15"s and within a month bought a set of SA15"s because I found more powa. I regretted buying them only because I got a good deal on 2 Ed 9.1's that I running strapped.

Ps the e15"s are up for sale next week along with the apsm2000 ill do all of it for 250 plus shipping. Just an idea I'm throwing out there.
I'll certainly think about it! Sounds like a good deal. But chances are I'll be waiting a while before I do finally upgrade.

To be honest I know the SA's are rated at 600rms but they really come alive around 800-900 rms. I am feeding mine about 1200 each and have never gotten the stinky sub smell even on 5 hr road trips
Wrong about the "come alive" part you would never hear a difference going from 600 to 900 watts.

Not really, I'm a big fan of 15's and I've got the big trunk for one! 

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

Yessir, got any other ideas?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
If you like send me a pm we can discuss some options for you

I've heard really mixed things about American Bass, what's the price and RMS? I've heard from quite a few people that they are cheaply made and horrible. But some people swear they are great.
You really can't go wrong with any of the brands that anyone here has suggested. Just comes down to. what do you want?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.