choosing a sub

So you have a 500rms at 1ohm amp and you want to know what sub to get with 200$. Well uh...you can get a good sub for 200$ but you wont have enough to build a box...

So uh. Dont go with rockfords. They sound terrible. They can get loud but are WAY over priced and if you already have them. sell them for good money and get something cheaper and better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/

Find a sub on that site in your price range/rms range. You wont go wrong.

So you have a 500rms at 1ohm amp and you want to know what sub to get with 200$. Well uh...you can get a good sub for 200$ but you wont have enough to build a box...
So uh. Dont go with rockfords. They sound terrible. They can get loud but are WAY over priced and if you already have them. sell them for good money and get something cheaper and better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

SoundSolutionsAudio's Online car audio store! Best prices, products and customer service. Fast shipping to US, Canada and More!!

Find a sub on that site in your price range/rms range. You wont go wrong.
torn between american bass xo and soundqubed hds200. any experience with these? I hear good things about sq but I've never heard either subs in person

have 2 separate prefab boxes right now. I am planning to build but haven't designed one yet, I have 2 sheets of mdf in the garage and a decent trunk to work with. it's going in my 99 grand prix
Double check your measurements, some trunks are a little short to really make a single 15 work and you'd be stuck with single or pair of 12's, otherwise I like a single better quality 15 over a pair of half-the-price 12's every time.

I want to build a high output box I just don't,know how. I was thinking of making a separate chamber with a complex labyrinth but I can't find a program to design it and I don't have the knowledge to just draw one,out
If you really want to get loud, give use the max dimensions of your trunk that you are willing to give up. Keep in mind about the trunk clearance. You dont need separate chambers and labyrinth design thats just really inefficient, you'd want minimal bends to have better airflow.

Here are some free ones.

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f40/official-free-ported-box-plans-56k-no-435910/

if you decide you want the xo's call bob at american bass first. most of the ab stuff seems a bit steep on ssa's website iv ordered a lot of ab stuff and paid a lot less then what it lists for on ssa

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.