choosing a sub

I just sold a nice RF P1 12 svc sub. I will say that I was not very impressed with it, did not handle power well .... I haven't personally listened to the soundqubed sub though, so I can't make that comparison.I just know, that the P1 was not impressive in the least bit ....

The 2 Rockford 12s. More cone area True, more output false, more spl false.

OP, you'd be a lot happier with the HDS2 15. Although the 2 12P1's have more cone area, it will NOT compare to the motor force of the HDS2. The CT sound amp will only tickle this sub. 8-900 watts clean power will get the hds moving.

I won't,have the electrical to support a true 1200 Mrs amp for awhile. I can wire them like I have my p3s and just build them a nice box,but the whole point was to get subs that I'd give them all the power they need

Imo.dont buy new subs.buy used sub of much higher quality.I got a JL AUDIO 12W7 on craigslist for 225.00.im petfecy shape.just dont be in a hurry.have the time to wait for a deal.they will always show up sooner or later because someone will be desperate for the cash.most of the sales will say"today only".and since its locsl no shipping charges.

Imo.dont buy new subs.buy used sub of much higher quality.I got a JL AUDIO 12W7 on craigslist for 225.00.im petfecy shape.just dont be in a hurry.have the time to wait for a deal.they will always show up sooner or later because someone will be desperate for the cash.most of the sales will say"today only".and since its locsl no shipping charges.
That's a good score!

OP, how much space do you have to work with? Do you have a box or can you build a box?

dont buy new subs just build a high output box.
I want to build a high output box I just don't,know how. I was thinking of making a separate chamber with a complex labyrinth but I can't find a program to design it and I don't have the knowledge to just draw one,out

That's a good score!
OP, how much space do you have to work with? Do you have a box or can you build a box?
have 2 separate prefab boxes right now. I am planning to build but haven't designed one yet, I have 2 sheets of mdf in the garage and a decent trunk to work with. it's going in my 99 grand prix

I want to build a high output box I just don't,know how. I was thinking of making a separate chamber with a complex labyrinth but I can't find a program to design it and I don't have the knowledge to just draw one,out
DCAR Customs

10$ and they will give you any design you want. However complex you'd like it to be. Cut cheets, the works.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.