Choosing a Shallow Subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list

roccodiesel

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi, I am fairly new to the car audio scene, and I currently have a kenwood headunit, stock mids and highs, a Soundstream 644s (4 channel) amp, and a Soundstream SPL 12 subwoofer. I am only running one sub using 2 channels bridged to power it leaving 2 channels not used.
I would like to purchase a full bridge 1000.1 sundown amp in the future, because I don’t have to much money to spend.
My current Soundstream SPL 12 has an internal rattle only on most frequencies, and I don’t think it’s clipping so I need to purchase a new sub. My current sealed box will allow up to a 5 and 1/2 depth sub so that limits my options. I have been looking at the Sundown SLD 12. I would like recommendations on other subs below the 600rms range that meet my specifications.
Thank you

Hi, I am fairly new to the car audio scene, and I currently have a kenwood headunit, stock mids and highs, a Soundstream 644s (4 channel) amp, and a Soundstream SPL 12 subwoofer. I am only running one sub using 2 channels bridged to power it leaving 2 channels not used.
I would like to purchase a full bridge 1000.1 sundown amp in the future, because I don’t have to much money to spend.
My current Soundstream SPL 12 has an internal rattle only on most frequencies, and I don’t think it’s clipping so I need to purchase a new sub. My current sealed box will allow up to a 5 and 1/2 depth sub so that limits my options. I have been looking at the Sundown SLD 12. I would like recommendations on other subs below the 600rms range that meet my specifications.
Thank you

How many cubic feet is your box? L x W x H ÷ 1,728.

The only shallow sub that I've ever heard is the JL one. They are very expensive though. I think your best bet is to put a new baffle on that box and run 4 - 8" subs and then use all 4 channels of that amp to power them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...