Chevy Tahoe complete build ideas wanted

So, I think I have decided that I am gonna go with (1) 6.5", (1) 8" and (2) 3.5" in each door. In custom fiberglass door panels. And (2) 1.75" tweeters in custom A pillar pods. I believe I will go with Skar Audio. I have already purchased (2) 15" Sundown E series subwoofers with a Sundown audio amp. I will be building a custom enclosure for those.

So, I think I have decided that I am gonna go with (1) 6.5", (1) 8" and (2) 3.5" in each door. In custom fiberglass door panels. And (2) 1.75" tweeters in custom A pillar pods. I believe I will go with Skar Audio. I have already purchased (2) 15" Sundown E series subwoofers with a Sundown audio amp. I will be building a custom enclosure for those.
I don't think anybody here would recommend Skar anything. The product isn't anything special and the company pulled some shady stuff in the past that some folks are still a bit salty about.

Can't go too far wrong with Sundown outside of the rather steep MSRP but you're at least buying known quality control and trustworthy warranty support.

Also there's a show up in Fairfield Maine next Saturday. Should be a decent turnout, I'll definitely be there with my brother.

Oh yikes! I dont know anything about the known issues with skar. I guess I will do a bit more research before I make a decision. Any recommendations are welcomed. Like I said I am fairly new to custom car audio. So I am kind of just winging it with this. I have a real passion for the hobby now though and am eager to learn. But I prefer to avoid mistakes rather than learning the hard way from them.

Oh yikes! I dont know anything about the known issues with skar. I guess I will do a bit more research before I make a decision. Any recommendations are welcomed. Like I said I am fairly new to custom car audio. So I am kind of just winging it with this. I have a real passion for the hobby now though and am eager to learn. But I prefer to avoid mistakes rather than learning the hard way from them.

Some people don't like the owner because he isn't perfect like them. It's stupid High School bullshitt.

Here's one of the megathreads of Skar hate from his early days. Really there's a dozen "brands" that sell basically the same crap with different logo on it that may or may not have a better track record and may or may not be better priced.

If you haven't thrown down your money yet you might see if anything is floating around used in the region. Might get a lot more bang for your buck that way or check out The Amp Lab for refurb amps and trade-in subs. We are having a show up there this Saturday so you could probably come up and ask around at what's looking good and see some stuff in action.

Yea. That's sounds like a good idea. Check out someone who might be selling a setup. Who upgraded. I am all new to this so I just read and watch videos and try to get as much information as I can get. It's all a learning experience and always will be. I appreciate your help. Basically I just want to do (2) 6.5 and (2) 3.5 in each door. Idk

Yea. That's sounds like a good idea. Check out someone who might be selling a setup. Who upgraded. I am all new to this so I just read and watch videos and try to get as much information as I can get. It's all a learning experience and always will be. I appreciate your help. Basically I just want to do (2) 6.5 and (2) 3.5 in each door. Idk
Check the CDT site for sales on some of their 3 way sets. At the sale prices their stuff is hard to beat. I got a few sets last year and I'm really enjoying them. I'm hesitant to buy mids and highs used with a few exceptions but subs and amps should be a safe bet if you're sticking to quality brands.

You probably do NOT want to try to DIY a 3 way front stage at this point so finding a tailor made 3 way set with passive crossover should be what you're shopping for here.

Look at the Deaf Bonce Arnold's and tweets. They are loud and decently priced.

Those E’s are good budget woofers. Really enjoyed my 10’s for the price I got them.
Yea.. I'm still building my box. I hope they will be better than my 2 MTX Terminators. I got the MTX terminator vented box with 2 500w 2 ohms subs on a Kenwood kac 9106d amp...Surprisingly it bumps pretty good in my Tahoe. But not enough for me...I like loud

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...