Check my design please (HT project)..

Participant count
  • Participant list

solidcrowd
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So I'm looking to port an enclosure I purchased off CL for my home audio setup. I have TWO Dayton Audio RSS315ho-44 DVC 12" HO's which will be powered by my 240wrms plate amp @ 4ohm.

The enclosure is a slant(wedge 2) dual sealed enclosure with seperate chambers.

Dimensions are:

34.625"W X 11.9375" H1 (Bottom Height) X 9.25" H2 (Top Height) X 12.625" D

Thickness = 5/8" MDF.

I figured my subs will get 0.959 cuft. each. If I go ported, I was thinking a 2" flared port in Each chamber @ 9.35" long will give me 30hz, but that would leave me with only ~1-2" from the wall depending on what sides I cut into. I am worried about port noise, especially if I throw more wattage at them.

If someone can check in bassBox or winsid, I'd like to see what has a better frequency response and higher output; sealed or ported (and what Hz is best). I want to get low for movies, but still sound good for music (rock and rap). Or tell me what size port and length I should get.

Here is my design (the slant is not that prominent):

EfJWML.jpg

The enclosure I will be stripping down, sand, and paint or wrap to appear like the setup below.

HCWrYr.jpg

TBZgTt.jpg

Here are my driver parameters:

ALSvUe.png

That 240 watt plate I have as well powering a single 8 Dayton Audio sub. That amp isn't enough to power 2 12's imo. You need something like the 500 watter or the 1000 watt one.

And I would do a ported enclosure tuned low....I don't think sealed you would like much and ported will be louder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.