Need Help With New Enclosure Asap

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alejandro14

Senior VIP Member
Texas
i need help with a ew box for 2 sundowns x 15s v2 ' for my f150 extended cab ... a local guy is charging me 600 just for a ported box tune to 32 not painted just the box on top of my back seats subs facing foward and port in the middle facing foward to window ...

anybody know who can design me a box ill buy it or build it ill pay ...

600? That's too much...glad you didn't go for it. Something like that should be 300-500, depending upon shop, city, state, and if someone does it as a side job.

600? That's too much...glad you didn't go for it. Something like that should be 300-500, depending upon shop, city, state, and if someone does it as a side job.
**** I'd charge $100 plus supplies for something like that.

rite its to expensive i would pay 600 maybe for a wall or blowthru ... you guys dont know anybody i live in texas 78046 .... i mean the wood is not that expensive in home depot if i remember 1 sheet 4x8 was like 50-60 bucks ... he might take 2 sheets ...

I wouldn't get wood @ HD. I got mine at a local lumber place...Dunn Lumber is where I got my last few sheets of baltic birch. More better quality there than those huge chain stores.

rite its to expensive i would pay 600 maybe for a wall or blowthru ... you guys dont know anybody i live in texas 78046 .... i mean the wood is not that expensive in home depot if i remember 1 sheet 4x8 was like 50-60 bucks ... he might take 2 sheets ...
2 sheets and possibly more depending on the width of the box. Over 48" width and you'll wind up with a lot of scrap.

Anyway, unless it is going to be show quality pretty or this guy has an amazing resume of building winning boxes that's a lot of money for what should amount to no more than a day's work. The other downer is that if say I built you a box here and tried to ship it we'd eat 200$ or so on freight and they may or may not even get it to you intact so something like that you really do need to get done local.

Have you reached out to a proper cabinet shop? If you hand them a design they can usually do great work cutting and assembling.

thats the problem that i dont have the design ... i have like 6 feet of length ' almost 3 feet of height and width i have like 2 feet ... i was trying to contact taylor buchana i think thags buck men ... but no respond ill buy a design and ill do it my self ... cstang does not reply

i need help with a ew box for 2 sundowns x 15s v2 ' for my f150 extended cab ... a local guy is charging me 600 just for a ported box tune to 32 not painted just the box on top of my back seats subs facing foward and port in the middle facing foward to window ...
anybody know who can design me a box ill buy it or build it ill pay ...
i'd do side fire ported bud. Or if the box is high enough and the port gets close to the roof, up fire. Forward fire is if you do a wall and you might as well do a wall build anyways

i was thinking of the box been on top of the seat and box kinda walled all the back ' port on top shooting to the front ... and subs also facing to the front ...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.