Cheapest way to reach 160db?

13k clamped is probably 20k rated
My thoughts exactly unless he is very brave or lucky or both.

Saw the owner of EMF almost hit a 61 with a single 18 on 20k rms. But the general rule is:
>cheap

>160

pick one.
One 1500$ 18. What vehicle? What class? 160 becomes "easier" if you can heavily reinforce in front of the B pillar, but this puts you into "extreme" classes competing and you'd need to be in the 70s to be competitive there.

You have no clue or business being in car audio if your not willing to fork over the $$ to achieve the 160 your after. Let alone afford it.
As I said before, do some research 1st before starting ridiculous threads such as this one.
I dont think theres any reason to be rude. When you dont know any better you dont know not to ask. If we avoid running him off hell read the forum and learn the answers to his questions.

3 8in subs in a 4cuft box and any 2k amp.

Play any music and put a db reader mic near the port and you should easily get your 160db for under 600$ if lucky and even with a stock alt.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

There is a truck for sale on Facebook in the Car Audio classifieds, in Canton Ga that has its setup intact going for $5500. Does 155's legal and 159's outlaw. For a 1db difference I'd say thats the best bang for your buck.

Edit: Jared Tuttle is the name of the guy selling, in case you are interested.

My thoughts exactly unless he is very brave or lucky or both.

One 1500$ 18. What vehicle? What class? 160 becomes "easier" if you can heavily reinforce in front of the B pillar, but this puts you into "extreme" classes competing and you'd need to be in the 70s to be competitive there.
I believe this was his setup in his van:

Btw what do you guys think of this:

I believe this was his setup in his van:

Btw what do you guys think of this:
Yep, so 20KW coming from 4 "7k" amps, probably a huge battery bank, and a box that can only play 1 note in a vehicle that probably doesn't even drive. Care to wager how much money they have in this build? How much time?

As far as the 180 that's rather meaningless without looking at a vehicle. That could have been inside a port for all we know.

Yep, so 20KW coming from 4 "7k" amps, probably a huge battery bank, and a box that can only play 1 note in a vehicle that probably doesn't even drive. Care to wager how much money they have in this build? How much time?
As far as the 180 that's rather meaningless without looking at a vehicle. That could have been inside a port for all we know.
Dude he drove it to sbn, and why do you write as if i'm defending the thought of 60s being close to cheap?

Dude he drove it to sbn, and why do you write as if i'm defending the thought of 60s being close to cheap?
Because you just KNOW that OP looks at your videos and thinks he can get an 18" EMF, put it in a small ported box and play 160 in a vehicle he drives back and forth to work in every day.

I dont think theres any reason to be rude. When you dont know any better you dont know not to ask. If we avoid running him off hell read the forum and learn the answers to his questions.
I'm not being rude at all. If your feelings get hurt easily with my comments, please choose another forum. I'm stating FACTS here and as everyone else has said, there's no "cheap" way of doing 160.....what was the OP thinking? Instead, offer up a budget point and go from there. People also need to learn to use the internet that's right in front of them that can easily be used to search for things such as this. Google

His topic thread starter could have been reworded but that's my opinion.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.