Any DSR1 users? Need help

Participant count
  • Participant list

cbuts
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Hey anyone here really good with the dsr1 , in having a really hard time understanding how to set things as I'm not a guru to begin with.

If I want my mids to play at 65-120 so I click low put that to 65 and click high put that to 120..then select bandpass to play it between those 2??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200826-223932_PerfectTune.jpg
    Screenshot_20200826-223932_PerfectTune.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 149
Hey anyone here really good with the dsr1 , in having a really hard time understanding how to set things as I'm not a guru to begin with.

If I want my mids to play at 65-120 so I click low put that to 65 and click high put that to 120..then select bandpass to play it between those 2??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Bump, need help setting eq..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200827-164728_PerfectTune.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827-164728_PerfectTune.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 151
  • Screenshot_20200827-164824_PerfectTune.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827-164824_PerfectTune.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 160
You're also using the sub channel which i believe doesn't allow you to split the channels (stupid design, it used to when it first came out unless it changed).

Are you using the Advanced EQ settings or Basic EQ settings? I don't have experience with the basic EQ because I chose to use the HU EQ for that (using idata maetro). The thing that makes the advanced EQ settings hard to set is the fact that each channel has it's own EQ. So if you're using crossover on that Chanel to limit band pass between those frequencies the EQ settings are pointless outside those crossover settings...for that channel. If you overlay the crossover on the advanced EQ at least then you can see what frequency adjustments matter (anything inside the band pass frequency you are passing).

I run 4 channels. 1 for sub woofer with low pass, one for the mids in the front doors with high pass crossing over the drop off of the sub, one for the mids in the rear doors with bandpass with a little more low freq than the front doors and a 4th channel for the dash with high pass only. So in my setup, setting EQ, I fine tune each channel inside the frequency that is passed to those speakers. It's a lot more work than using an EQ on the head unit or using the basic EQ of the DSR1...which would adjust EQ for all channels at once. The EQ settings are very minimal on each channel as I am essentially doing EQ using the crossovers on the 4 channels that way I do. It took me a long time to get those settings the way I want them.

My suggestion is to focus on getting really good overall sound by adjusting the crossovers to increase or decrease the frequencies on each channel first. Until you get that setting the EQ will be a PITA.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.