cheapest place to get sound deadening

I believe Raammat is gonna be one of the cheapest, high quality butyl-based mats out there. But even Raammat isn't much cheaper than Damplifier (not Pro). Raammat is about $1.90/sq.ft., while Damplifier is about $2.33/sq.ft. (for 80 sq.ft).

I'd stay away from the eDead v1se or FatMat stuff.

I believe Raammat is gonna be one of the cheapest, high quality butyl-based mats out there. But even Raammat isn't much cheaper than Damplifier (not Pro). Raammat is about $1.90/sq.ft., while Damplifier is about $2.33/sq.ft. (for 80 sq.ft).
I'd stay away from the eDead v1se or FatMat stuff.
i wouldn't necessarily throw him off the edeadv1se2 or w/e the name of it is. i used it in my car recently since i'm on a budget and noticed a world of difference in the output of my mid drivers and the cut down of road noise. although it's not the greatest and has some improvment i'd rather push him away of getting peel-n-seal.

would i order more of the edead. maybe depending on how much i nead and how broke i am.

would i order the expensive stuff of ram or SS, maybe depending on how much money i'm willing to spend.

i wouldn't necessarily throw him off the edeadv1se2 or w/e the name of it is. i used it in my car recently since i'm on a budget and noticed a world of difference in the output of my mid drivers and the cut down of road noise. although it's not the greatest and has some improvment i'd rather push him away of getting peel-n-seal.would i order more of the edead. maybe depending on how much i nead and how broke i am.

would i order the expensive stuff of ram or SS, maybe depending on how much money i'm willing to spend.
i triple layered my ford explorer with Edead, and the difference between that and a the raamat/ensolite (which wasnt much more expensive) was incredible. Raamat + ensolite was far, far, far superior.

i triple layered my ford explorer with Edead, and the difference between that and a the raamat/ensolite (which wasnt much more expensive) was incredible. Raamat + ensolite was far, far, far superior.
one layer of raamat + ensolite was superior to 3 layers of edeadv1 ???

I have to agree.

I get no road noise though the floor, which is where I have 1 layer of secondskin

but get alot of noise though the rear fender wells where there is 4 layers of edead, yes 4 layers

Honestly, you have to go with your gut feeling. A lot of people jump the bandwagons here and hell I have even done it.

I use both SS and Fatmat and when I ran out of my SS product, I threw in the Fatmat on my back quarter panels where I have a big hole. Most people say don't go verticle with it or it will fall off with time. Well, I have had in there in some pretty hot weather now and holds up fine and has quited down what was my biggest rattle. I was going to put SS in there, but realized I wouldn't have enough, so said screw it. Don't rattle there no more, but on my trunk lid where I have just one layer of SS, I still get rattles pretty bad, no where near what it use to be, but they are there. My lid also never rattled as much as my rear quarters.

Not dissing SS, but I feel in my install anyway, that the Fatmat is doing just fine and will be doing my 4 doors and rear deck with it. I am confident in it now.

Remember, it's just the internet. So lets believe everyone else. Hell you don't have to believe me, I don't care. I may also even try some Peel and seel, if I run out of the fatmat. No sense in spending more money than I have too.

Will say if you have the dough, then yes, hit up the SS products. They work, but I just can't justify it enough to get more of it right now.

Second Skin

RAAMmat

The new, butyl version of eDead has had several reports of adhesive failure - both v1² and v1SE². Seems to be a QC issue. Pick a butyl adhesive/aluminum foil product and don't look back. Using any asphalt product is just begging fro reliability problems.

McMaster-Carr

Surplus supply stores in your area.

You're paying a nice premium buying "deadener" from the companies listed above. Not arguing against them nor suggesting they aren't effective, but lets leave the opportunity open for those that want to do some true DIY noise control. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The downfall is that you actually have to know what you're doing.

Now that he's gained popularity his prices have gone waayyyyy up.
Actually, now that the product is not made of asphalt, has a foil heat shield 3 times as thick, and has an increased heat rating of 500 degrees, the prices have gone up.

The product we used to sell at $1 psf was the same thing that fat mat and bquiet sell now. We stopped selling it about 4 years ago..

Popularity has nothing to do with the cost.

ANT

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.