I am very excited.

bad_trip
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I just sold a bunch of crap yesterday and over the last few days. I got rid of the set-up I had, and my car feels a ton lighter, quicker, and easier to drive. UNFORTUNATELY, tomorrow is the day that I will be adding at least twice the weight I had to my trunk. I can't wait!!! I'll get pics up as soon as I get my new toys!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The extra weight does have an effect no matter where the addition is. I know that speed wise, for every 100 lbs. that's 0.10 of a second in the 1/4 mile.

Congrats on your new set-up man!

Pics and vids asap!

i've heard such things. such as for every 100 added lbs. it's a few MPG less. so you should always charge your passengers, even if you are going to the same place as them. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

and i'll be picking up the subs and amp tomorrow. pics of those will be up right away. then it will be a work in progress as i will still have to buy/ have a box made, get the wiring, etc.

when i switched my fiberglass enclosure with an XXX, sundown1500d, and an optima red top to a btl, large 4cu kerfed enclosure, kinetik 2400, a kicker 450.2, 2 sundown 1500ds, and a profile ap400(or something) there was a huge difference in weight to power ratio in my car. the rear of my car sits way lower than the front. if i have passengers i have to be easy on the car due to the amount of added weight.

though when everything was out of the car the car did feel lighter and acceleration was better. now it's ****. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.