Cheap budget system and i mean cheap!

off subject, but do you remember hollywood subs from the early 90s?
Never saw their subs but I actually have a tiny amp of theirs kicking around here somewhere. Something like 28Wx2.... bought it for a center channel some years ago.

The one thing about those cheap subs back 25+ years ago is they were mostly American made by Credence or Eminence.

omfg, i didnt even know that funky pups were actual woofers. I was wondering where that user with the parrot gif got that term :O
off subject, but do you remember hollywood subs from the early 90s?
yeah they had a dog on the cone and everything..

I still have a nos pair of Hollywood Excursion 12s myself ..they seem like pretty good budget subs
I've only seen them in action once back in like '92 at a SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!! WE HAVE TVS FOR $39.99 event thing. First time I heard techmaster peb. Blew my 15 year old mind

Did anyone actually look at the specs of those $10 subs?

Xmax = 4.5

Basically useless below 80hz.

I even modeled one.

At 100w in ideal boxes xmax is exceeded at 80hz and more than double at 50hz -- ported or sealed.

People did high 140’s with a few of them on a cheap ****** amp

Trying to remember but someone did I think 3 15’s in a s10 with a 900w amp and did over 150 and iirc 154 with a good amp on them

People did high 140’s with a few of them on a cheap ****** ampTrying to remember but someone did I think 3 15’s in a s10 with a 900w amp and did over 150 and iirc 154 with a good amp on them
Hollywood's or Funky Pups? Hollywood's I can believe... Funky Pups... uhm no lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.