Replacement Unit Advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

Hockeyhead777

Hey, folks!

My Fiancee just picked up a '07 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT and is having issues with the factory-installed stereo. The originally-installed system is Stereo with 1-disc CD Player, Cassette Player, and 6-disc DVD player.

She wants to replace the stereo receiver with one that does not have a Cassette player and I was wondering what suggestions anyone may have for a replacement? What we are considering looking for is an interface that includes at least 1 CD with an Aux Input and/or Bluetooth compatibility as well as the option to continue using the DVD player (which is separate from the Stereo Receiver and has no problems).

I've been looking at various Double DIN replacements that might serve her needs, but I am not entirely sure what sort of wiring change will need to occur nor am I certain that the DVD Player interface will still be functioning.

I did a few searches for replacements, but I have not received any definite answer as to an appropriate replacement as of yet. Crutchfield has some options available, but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for installation and/or options?

Ideally, I'd like for her to be able to have the aforementioned Bluetooth and AUX Input while having touchscreen interactivity as well as being able to utilize the Steering Wheel function controls and play at least 1 CD (multiple CD player would be even better, but I'm not really seeing a unit out there that has all of the things we're looking for with that included). The unit will need to be able to alternate between Receiver/CD/DVD functions in order to continue playing the DVDs as well, though I'm wondering if there is a Unit out there that will have the Double-DIN screen to play DVDs that will show up on both the in-dash screen as well as the pull-down screen in the back, both at the same time.

Thanks for your time!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.