Channel pairs/gain/crosstalk question

Participant count
  • Participant list

rubley00

VA
I recently overhauled my system, replaced an Alpine processor with a minidsp processor, put Focal components (active) in the doors/pillar. After getting everything hooked up again, I was wondering if there is any reason to change how I have the channels setup on the amp.

I'm using a JL XD600/6 to run the components, rear doors. I have the tweeters on channels 1/2, the front doors on channels 3/4, and the rear doors on channels 5/6. 1/2 share a gain, 3/4 share a gain, 5/6 share a gain. Is there any reason to change it so channel 1/2 are the left tweeter/door and channel 3/4 are the right tweeter/door? Would the crosstalk be lower because channels sharing a gain will have (mostly) different frequencies? Is this just a preference thing?

You have a fine amplifier, and there is no good reason to change how the system is wired.

Have you tuned the left and right sides differently from one another in the processor?

Yeah, I'm doing drivers individually, then making sure the tweeter/door blend well on each side, etc.

I knew my doors had some resonance issues, and I put some sound deadener behind the speaker,

but oh god, its much worse than I thought, and I've got some work to do.

Thanks for the input

No reason to change how you have it. Typically when people do it, they run one amp to their left side frontstage and one to their right side frontstage. The only thing you typically gain is more gain control on the individual speakers and it makes the speaker wire routing a bit easier, but you're not running enough amps for that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.