Changing out Subwoofers

1044's... jeez. I thought you wanted 12's?
2003 explorer?
hJvUu6.jpg

I thought we were talking about 12's Op...
10's now?

I tried to delete it immediately, but you got me. My bad. Hey, I'm getting the Taramps four way crossover next Wednesday. Remember, I have up on the Dayton DSP.
I try to consider anything i post before posting. I well remember Gramps... lol
He jumped on EVERY thread as quick as possible... lol

lol Yeah going with 10s for now. That way I still have some room leftover in the back for stuff. Plus if I went with the 12" I would have to wait a month to buy the 2nd one which would be fine but with dual 10" I will still get decent sound out of them in a ported box.

lol Yeah going with 10s for now. That way I still have some room leftover in the back for stuff. Plus if I went with the 12" I would have to wait a month to buy the 2nd one which would be fine but with dual 10" I will still get decent sound out of them in a ported box.
When the time comes An md 1800 would be solid and under your budget amp wise. I had mine 1044’s on a ct sounds at1400.1 and I feel like they wanted more. Really clean sound at all volumes

Also just for kicks this is the amp setup I have now. Did this a couple years ago with a friend of mine helping since I can't do that kind of stuff very good anymore. Shockingly they are very cool underneath that panel and never get hot.

He is doing up previews this late still. Took some pictures of the rear area and measurements for him. He is a stand up guy I will say that, saw some of his other designs on Facebook and his box designs are top notch.

Plus I have a cargo cover that goes over it which is going to help cover what I have. When I bought it, it didn't have one I was like oh h*ll no! I had one in my Jeep and it makes a difference, it was well worth finding one NIB on a ford site for 150 bucks. Granted the rear windows you can't see but still makes me feel a little safer as I always turn down my stuff long before pulling into my house or a business.

Also thanks for the last sentence as well. What I deal with no one studies in the USA except one German Doctor who I used to go to at Mayo in Minnesota but he has disappeared. It is so rare that no one knows if it is 1 in a million or 1 in 10 million for the people that have as it wasn't discovered until the 1960s roughly as it isn't anything you can just find out from blood work. He recognized every symptom I had and said the only sure way to diagnose it is a genetic test but he said it was a waste of money with everything I have and the symptoms I show so ended up perm disabled at 27 and I am 43 now sitting at 102 surgeries as my 103rd is on hold due to covid.

Stock style alt spinning 240a and a Excessive Amperage spinning 270a. Both hit peak amperage at 2k rpm.
I am wanting to sell the bracketry and alts to have 1 larger one instead of two. Kinda need the space under my hood for some other things...turbo, air compressor, fuse box relocation...something. LOL

Stock style alt spinning 240a and a Excessive Amperage spinning 270a. Both hit peak amperage at 2k rpm.
I am wanting to sell the bracketry and alts to have 1 larger one instead of two. Kinda need the space under my hood for some other things...turbo, air compressor, fuse box relocation...something. LOL

Why did you go XD instead of XFL or HD? Besides, money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.