Changing out Subwoofers

4k @ 1ohm, those subs I figured would be best for that wattage.

Plus I got all 4 brand new for $460 shipped to me. LOL. Money was the biggest reason.
I'm an AB fan. I've always had great success with them. I'm questioning myself lately about whether I should've went with two HD12's or one XMAXX15. I have a single HD15 right now and it's hit a decent number from what I've been told. But, you always wonder. Have you metered your 15's?

Kinda cant. The cheapo used box I have gets to slapping really bad. The internal bracing is not real solid, so on heavy cranking, it sounds horrible.

Roof, back wall, and doors have 3 layers of 80mil. So, when I do get my new box built, I will get it metered.

Kinda cant. The cheapo used box I have gets to slapping really bad. The internal bracing is not real solid, so on heavy cranking, it sounds horrible.

Roof, back wall, and doors have 3 layers of 80mil. So, when I do get my new box built, I will get it metered.

I hit 143.8 while tuning on music. Doors open and meter on the windshield. I don't really know if it's good or not. I have zero experience with meters.

The OP sounds like a stud. 102 surgeries and counting. He deserves much props for staying strong. Fighting something that rare. Stud in my book. I hope those two 10's rock his World.

lol nope just used to this life and surgeries at this point. I'm alive, have a roof over my head, food on the table and internet & tv. Some people in this world have it much much worse.

I am going to go on the 19th to pick up the MDF I need. Ordering the subs here later today and selling a couple things on eBay I no longer need like a 1070 SC graphics card that will almost pay for a new amp so that might get done quicker then I thought.

Just ordered a pair of the American Bass TNT-1044s direct off of Audio Savings Website. Looked at ordering them through eBay but they charged tax...The website did not :D. Hey 13 bucks is 13 bucks! Total for both was 235 even with shipping.

Got the subwoofers today. All 44lbs of both of them. I had to call Wednesday and find out why they didn't ship out yet and I guess the system didn't release them for some stupid reason. They said 3 days from New Jersey and they got here in 2. So shipping was definitely good from Audio Savings.

I already picked 4 4x4 sheets of 3/4" MDF Panels along with the tools I need to do it. Just gotta pick up some Gorilla glue and another 4x4 sheet for safety in case I screw up a cut. Also a friend of my parental units is loaning me his table saw so that is really going to make things a lot easier on me for cutting!

So I went ahead and ordered the Apex Cab-22 unfortunately will have to wait till October 20th or so to get it but oh well. I am building the box finally tomorrow and sunday as it will finally be in the low '70s here and no humidity.

Guess I will be the guinea pig for the new amplifier here,lol. They rate it as a 2k but it is doing more then that on certified which is what matters to me not burst. Sundown has been beating up the amplifiers now and then with good results. Half bridge with Korean board thankfully.

Attachments

• CAB-22.jpg
    CAB-22.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 116
Box is 99% finished all that is missing is the carpet and I had to order a 2nd roll of that since I didn't have enough. So in the mean time I installed them a little while ago in the box that Shredder designed and they sound good. Barely moving at all and yet throwing out some good bass from them. And that is without any tuning or using a bass knob the amp comes with. I don't wanna use it unless I have to since it doesn't have a clipping light in it. All in all this will allow me to break them in before the new 2K amplifier comes at the end of October. Right now it is just covered in bedliner but once the carpet arrives at the beginning of October I will do that and make it look a lot better.

Also I talked to Apex (Car Audio Bargain) and they are bringing out some new 4 channels next year as well it sounds like. Unkown how many models so far but this is what he sent me last night, the one he sent me pictures of is going to be 4x150 at 4 ohm and 250x4 at 2 ohm.

I decided to finally switch out and build a decent box and go to a 12" subwoofer maybe even 2 depending on the price and size of box. So far I am looking at the NVX VCW124, HDS3.1 (but can't seem to find any online), American Bass XFL (also can't find them online). And of course I am open to offers, I am current running one Sundown SD3-10D2 in a sealed box and yeah it just isn't enough. So I am open to sealed or ported box this time. Unfortunately I can't find 1" MDF around here at all, Birch is a no go with the prices they want so 3/4" MDF.

So I am looking for help not only on subs to look at but also how to build the box as well. I have access to everything I need to build it but never done a proper box build myself since the 1990s so looking for all the help I can get.

Good to be back here again. Been busy constantly with medical stuff that I haven't gotten online much.

Vehicle is a 2003 Ford Explorer XLT and listen to classic rock, metal & some rap as well.

Also the am I am still using is the PPI 1000.1 with a MTX 704 4 Channel for the Rockford Fosgate 6x8s. Still haven't gotten around to changing those :(. Figured I would go subwoofer first now that I am back to driving after so long without being able to.

I am open to other subs as well in that 140-220 range as well.

Thanks in advance to those who help!
Earthquake they will send u 10 box designs with them or custom fabrication will sell u blueprints

You are waaay too late on this. I won't pay the money custom fabrication wants for blueprints when I can have someone here do it who does it all the time and has audio shops coming to him for plans.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.