Changing location of ground. Quick Question.

The HU must be electrically isolated from any metal in your dash for ground relocation to have any affect. On most new cars with plastic instrument panels that's not a problem, but with older cars where the whole dash is metal it's nearly impossible. You can use the same wire and just extend it with the same gage to a "new" location. Unfortunately there's no magic to figuring out if it'll be better or worse than what you had.
Daisy-chaining remote wires would not have an affect on this.
Yeah mine is isolate from metal in the dash as i use a plastic adapter, ill give the new HU ground a go soon.

Im just worried now as ive done some reaserch and the CDA 117 seems to cause alot of people whining noises and pops. However people say they usually get the noises only when the display is on, but mine does it display off or on.

Yeah mine is isolate from metal in the dash as i use a plastic adapter, ill give the new HU ground a go soon.
Im just worried now as ive done some reaserch and the CDA 117 seems to cause alot of people whining noises and pops. However people say they usually get the noises only when the display is on, but mine does it display off or on.
It may be worth looking into getting another hu with all the issues going on

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.