Changed Up My Door Panels Again

mlstrass
5,000+ posts

Shaggy DOA
Illinois
Just wasn't feeling the Vifa's mounted down so low and off axis. Before giving up on them I decided to do some quickie PVC angle mounts which left me with a nice hole in each door pod. I wasn't about to make new ones, so I came up with another way show I'm an AA fanboi //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Went with the blue theme since it matches my HU and bass remote knob. Looks pretty cool at night, not that I really care as I'm more about the sound and the Vifa's are 100% better up high and more on axis.

Here's a few pics for your amusement. Bring on the ricer comments //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Pictures really jacked up the colors as the silver/gray trim ring is the same friggin paint as the AA logo...

1001663el5.jpg

Looks sort of like the bat signal. Maybe with a brighter light I could shine it in the sky and the caped crusader would appear.

1001664xc3.jpg

6yo eXcelon takes a few minutes for the blue controls to fully light up, but I didn't feel like waiting. And I love how the bottom white part showed up pink.

1001670uc5.jpg

Pass tweet in it's new home. Still thinking about the Seas Neos up in the sail panels, but I'll give these a few weeks in their new location.

1001672nd1.jpg

I'm 2 1/2 hours from Kakauna/WIR, so if you want to drive down sometime let me know.
i would do it in a heart beat i dont even need anything fancy like that i just need to mount 4 6.5 mids in each front door of an astro and mount 2 sets of tweeters

let me know how much you would want to help me and we can set up a time

how comfortable are you having no speaker grills on any of your components?
VERY comfortable with myself and the GF, but the few other passengers I've had in the car get a "friendly" warning to pay attention getting in/out. 99% of the time I'm riding solo, so it's all good.

Besides if I don't trust them that much I'll make em ride in the back seat //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

i would do it in a heart beat i dont even need anything fancy like that i just need to mount 4 6.5 mids in each front door of an astro and mount 2 sets of tweeters
let me know how much you would want to help me and we can set up a time
Building a box this weekend and going down to Byron to race on Sunday. Next weekend would probably work. Shoot me a PM and we can set something up...

Also not sure you really want to do 2 sets of tweeters, but it's your car...

Just wasn't feeling the Vifa's mounted down so low and off axis. Before giving up on them I decided to do some quickie PVC angle mounts which left me with a nice hole in each door pod. I wasn't about to make new ones, so I came up with another way show I'm an AA fanboi //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Went with the blue theme since it matches my HU and bass remote knob. Looks pretty cool at night, not that I really care as I'm more about the sound and the Vifa's are 100% better up high and more on axis.

Here's a few pics for your amusement. Bring on the ricer comments //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Pictures really jacked up the colors as the silver/gray trim ring is the same friggin paint as the AA logo...

1001663el5.jpg

Looks sort of like the bat signal. Maybe with a brighter light I could shine it in the sky and the caped crusader would appear.

1001664xc3.jpg

6yo eXcelon takes a few minutes for the blue controls to fully light up, but I didn't feel like waiting. And I love how the bottom white part showed up pink.

1001670uc5.jpg

Pass tweet in it's new home. Still thinking about the Seas Neos up in the sail panels, but I'll give these a few weeks in their new location.

1001672nd1.jpg

Beautiful, it looks like you covered up that hole very well and even made the door panel look even better. I love it!!

I've personally heard this setup from mike and let me tell u.. Not a single rattle... Crazy midbass... THe Highs are awesome and not overwhelming... Pure SQL that slams like SPL... if that even makes since... Overall great install...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.