Rattle Prob

notmade
10+ year member

Oregon
i have a 2005 pontiac sunfire and i just got 2 12in. JBLs in a ported box in the trunk facing the rear, from the inside it sounds great but from the out side the trunk rattles ALOT id really like to get it to stop but im not to sure what to do about it. any sugestions???

Or you could get it done the cheaper way, and use Thermwell Duct Insulation, and some spray adhesive, and spray foam, and do it yourself. More cost effective.

Why is it the right way to 'dynamat' it. It's all just sound deadening. Yeah, some is better, BUT you can get the same results from a do-it-yourself project, and it would cost less. Also, you don't dynamat, you sound deaden. Read up a bit before you post next time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif That way you won't look like a person that only knows one thing, which obviously, on this subject, you do infact only know one thing about it.

I know how that is, My first 'system' consisted of 2 12" Pioneer subs, in a sealed box, and it wouldn't even move ANY air. But, that's fixed now. When I have my stereo in my Grand Am, my trunk looks like a whale's tail.

lol... I wish mine did. I'm actually trading mine for a Radar Detector on here, this guys just wanting something that sounds good "inside the car." But it's 2 Memphis 10" Pr's. They aren't bad for the price though. I paid $65. for both of them. They sound good inside, and outside, but don't rattle everything loose. That's what I wanted but now I'm gonna upgrade to a L7 12 or something.

I got some Hifonics HF12D4's for $100 shipped, and they have amazed me since I got them. I need something for temp, for my car, but I'm having a hard time giving them up!

the one thing your gonna want to do is stay away from asphalt base sound dead of ANY brand unless its for floor use most asphalt based stuff does not hold up well on vertical surfaces or upside down,particularly under the hot summer sun. other than that its pretty much a personal preference to what brand you use .

the one thing your gonna want to do is stay away from asphalt base sound dead of ANY brand unless its for floor use most asphalt based stuff does not hold up well on vertical surfaces or upside down,particularly under the hot summer sun. other than that its pretty much a personal preference to what brand you use .
Werd.

Well I used Peel & Seal, the aluminum foil version, and have a black car and did the underside of my trunk lid and it looks as good as the day I put it on.

You just need to get the surface very clean. I use brake cleaner, and then overlap the ends of each piece about 1", and press it down firmly, so no bubbles.

You can get P&S at Home Depot, Menards, etc... about $16 for a 6" x 25' roll...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.