Change voltage?

Participant count
  • Participant list

kramer_212
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Minnesota
Hey, i recently had my 250 amp alt go out.

anyways i put the police 160 amp in which is 100 amps at idle (ok for now)

i got it for $40 dollars at the junk yard thats why im rocking it 60000 miles on her so fairly new.

i have a 2002 intrepid es

THE QUESTION:

when i put it in now my voltage only goes up to 13.9 at 3000rpm and 13.7 at idle.

my dads a mechanic says its because the factory ecu is reading it as putting out to much and bringing the voltage down (to summarize)

any way i seen there is some type of module you can buy to regulate, with a digital display to bypass the factory computer. so i could choose to run at 15v if i chose.

thanks, not really sure what im talking about, and the paragraphs above reflect this o_O

would appreciate if somebody could give me the lowdown, and some links

it hardly drops its just thats what it is when my system isn't on i want at least 14.4v

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

i also have 7000amps of battery though

thats just it it used to, with both my old alts know of any other modular besides this one?

and i want the most out of my amps

I have an adjustable H/O alt. I set it for 15.2volts,

I was told not to go higher because it might fry the carputer.

Even with this 15.2 charging voltage, my resting voltage still determins the voltage the amps see, which is 12.85volts.

oh, ill check that out, think im going to have dc power make me a new alt they told me i could get one with over 300 at idle and 400 by 1200 but the quote was like 660 with shipping.

going to wait a few weeks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.