Change backlight color

jarleifv
10+ year member

Does anyone know what kinda bulbs are in a Audiobahn AEQ 6Q equalizer for the backlight around the switches? They don't look like LED's, but rather a really small light bulb with two tiny leads. I don't want this unit to light up green, so I'm replacing the bulbs with red ones, just need to figure out what they are.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Anyone?

Does anyone know what kinda bulbs are in a Audiobahn AEQ 6Q equalizer for the backlight around the switches? They don't look like LED's, but rather a really small light bulb with two tiny leads. I don't want this unit to light up green, so I'm replacing the bulbs with red ones, just need to figure out what they are.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Anyone?
You've already ruined your car with gay unnecessary neons... do you really need to ruin your EQ, too?

dont listen to that douche bag, he probably gets picked on in real life, even though i agree about the neons lol. Take a pic and we may be able to help, it could be a single ledwhich is what i would think and if thats the case you would have to solder a red one in.

you know, with responses like that..my post count just might not increase a whole lot more than where it's already at....
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

not tryin to be a dick or anything-i like your car. the back looks really nice. i like pontiacs and have one, but ID is right they neons dont look too good.... buy a ricer if you want to do that kind of thing.

lol

i guess he just came off on the wrong foot.... I have a lighting obsession/addiction.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

The underbody lights were removed sometime last year as they stopped working, and I never put another set on.. I like to do stuff I haven't seen anyone else do, which is why I lit up the mirrors and the door handles.... anyway...

I'll snap a picture tonight.. There are a number of small bulbs soldered onto the board, so I have to solder new ones in either way.. I've just never seen bulbs like that before, I've always just replaced LED's..

oh and ID, I won't break it....

Thanks guys!

the neons look nice, other than the side mirror one. no offense
none taken.. We're all different and like different stuff.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

dont listen to that douche bag, he probably gets picked on in real life, even though i agree about the neons lol. Take a pic and we may be able to help, it could be a single ledwhich is what i would think and if thats the case you would have to solder a red one in.
here's a picture of said bulbs.. I know I've seen these somewhere before, but do not know what they're called...

3405293953_6abca4aafd_o.jpg

Thanks guys...

i'll find the bulbs for cost through work, i'm not ordering them online... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

i'll find the bulbs for cost through work, i'm not ordering them online... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
I like your door handle idea. i had already considered possibly putting leds in the mirrors but the handles are nice. I have those bar door handles that one end comes out from the car so I don't know where I'd mount them but I'd wire them up with my blue leds in my head lights and tail lights that fade on and off ONLY with my dome light. Also, Phil. 4:13 is my favorite //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.