Center console design help

I am finally designing the console I have been envisioning in my head sense I bought my truck 10 months ago.

I saw a clamshell isobaric setup when I was a teenager and have been stuck on the idea of having one ever sense.

I recently put in a JVC kw-v31bt head unit and purchased a couple used kicker c10's. Is there any reason I should not do this and would they be wired in parallel or series?

I am open to pros, cons, or flat out other ideas. I like rich ful sound not distorted crappy bass.

I did find a set of MB Quart marine speakers that consisted of a 10" sub and 2 tweeters on the grille that I thought about as I can get a pair for 150 brand new. I would have to have them both facemounted to either side of the console though.

This will be installed in a daily driven work truck.
3a626dcaf8813137c248ebaca121572a.jpg
dc30f55f42528f5af9a5520b3f5d758f.jpg
d46b68af5661f7a35b148233bbafc806.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Isobaric loading is the output of 1 sub in 1/2 the space. They have to be wired out of phase. Personally I would run both subs downfiring with port going out the back. You wire the subs series or parallel depending on your amp.

yeah isobaric is just doubling motor force and reducing enclosure size. it wouldn't be as loud as just 2 drivers mounted normally.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.