2016 Jeep Wrangler Fiberglass enclosure sub enclosure help

Participant count
  • Participants list

Joker5381

NC
I have built a fiberglass enclosure for my sons 2016 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk edition. It has been built to fit inside the full size spare located in the rear. I am using a JL Audio 10TW1 sub for this enclosure. After completing the sub I have calculated volume of this closure with speaker displacement to be .45 cuft. the enclosure is recommended for .35 cuft.. Currently it sounds a little boomy with certain music and of course if you play a bass type cd is hits great(son loves that part) but It's not right in my opinion and should have some tight bass when playing those types on music. I believe its due to the enclosure being to big. My question is what kind of material can I put inside this enclosure to test this out to find out if this is the issue? Building a new enclosure is not an option. Any help with this would be appreciated. Remember this is a round enclosure that fits in a spare tire and I am wanting to test this out before I do anything permanent.

Chris

Chopped up 2x4's going to rattle around inside a round fiberglass enclosure? I was thinking something like clay or great stuff type material? I need to take up .10 cu ft which is equivalent to 12 cups of water(This is how I did my calculations for the cu ft). I will attached a few photo of the enclosure. Just let me know your thoughts.

View attachment 26557218

View attachment 26557219

yeah it would rattle its just a suggestion to see if it solves your issue, not to keep in there and drive around with. if it does then you could go a more permanent route. clay would work foam would not its too permeable and mostly air. your only looking at about a 5.6" cube

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.