carpeting boxes....

Matt0528
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
im building a standard rectangular sealed box

WxDxH = 36" x 12" x 10"

its holding my 3 jl audio 10w6's

i was wondering if anyone had any pointers on carpeting the box

and i also wanted to put a piece of plexiglass on it so u could look inside and see the magnets

any suggestions will be appreciated... thanx

Originally posted by Matt0528 im building a standard rectangular sealed box

WxDxH = 36" x 12" x 10"

its holding my 3 jl audio 10w6's

i was wondering if anyone had any pointers on carpeting the box

and i also wanted to put a piece of plexiglass on it so u could look inside and see the magnets

any suggestions will be appreciated... thanx
Just use strong staples in the beginning nad if you have af riend to hold it while you pull the carpet, then all the better...if you don't, then lie down and pull while your legs push on the box...and use 3M's 77 spray-on glue...end the caprets at the sides for a concealed end...

If you want to add plexi, well, there's thread that was just aorund here today...have a look at it...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Carpet the top, bottom, front, and back. Then, trim the sides just enough to cover an inch or two down. Then, make false sides for the box, to the same dimensions of the box. Carpet those sides, then screw them onto the side of the box, from inside the box. You won't see any sloppy carpet seems that way.

I usually, build the box with the sides sunk in about an inch, then make the false sides, so the box is flush. There is a thread floating around on this. I'll look around. The pics explain it much better than I can.

Use 3mSuper90 only, the other stuff sux.

Roll a giant peice onto the floor(or big work table)

- - -Spray the bottom of the box, and place it on the carpet, so that only HALF of the bottom is covered.(this way only the bottom will have a seam.)

- - -Then spray some more glue on the next side of the box(and on the carpet)and roll the box on to the glued side.

- - -Repeat untill the bottom, back, top, and front are covered.

- - -I can't really explain the sides, I'd have to show ya.

make the seams as tight as you can and then use a wire brush to blend the seems(if you need to)

SWEEEEEEEET I race quads too. I have a decked out R' i ride MX. Good to see a fellow quad rider on the site! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Originally posted by ridered36 Sweet man. Me either. I race quads. You race motocross? [/quote

Not for competition...but with my friends i do at small local places.I actually am looking into getting another quad again i love them alot more than bikes.My last one was my favorite one it was a 87' TRX250R.Hard t come around a nice one here though.

I have a KX85. I race Cross-country, and motocross. (for the Cross-Country clubs, check out my sig!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Originally posted by BigBoomer I have a KX85. I race Cross-country, and motocross. (for the Cross-Country clubs, check out my sig!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Yo boomer your sig is way too long;)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.